I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NC Gathering
Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2008 06:02PM

the get together is still on at my house on sunday May 18. we will have a few short seminars. the topics have yet to be determined. i can give some turning tips and i am sure composite grips will be discussed. email me directly so i can get an idea how many will attend. i live in Clemmons, NC which is just outside of Winston-Salem(off I-40).

J P Timberlake
336-778-1308
jptimberlake@triad.rr.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NC Gathering
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2008 06:53PM

I plan to attend and I would imagine that Buddy Owens, Larry Tysinger, Sammy Mickel and Steve Gardner will be there as well. I'll let them speak for themselves but if you wanted to put together a program of sorts I'm sure we'd have enough folks to present some interesting topics.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2008 07:44PM

JP, good luck putting this together. HAVE FUN!!! Hopefully people take you up on this.

Are you doing the rod building sessions at Woodcraft again this year?

Posted by: Robbie Smith (---.91.28.71.ip.alltel.net)
Date: April 28, 2008 08:15PM

Unfortunately, I cannot make it. I have twin girls and their 4th birthday is May 18! I It is about time to upgrade them from their Barbie Zebco setups to true custom pink outfits!! JP, I will catch up with you soon and drop off a pile of thread so everyone can experiment with different materials...nylons, silks, metallics, and some new materials we are tossing around. Is this going to become SERBS??...does not sound like a bad idea!!

Robbie
FishHawk Threads

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2008 09:09PM

JP;
I have it on my calendar and am looking forward to it

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2008 09:33PM

Wish you were closer....incredible looking shop you built.

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 28, 2008 09:59PM

Hey JP,

Sounds like a great time, this is one that should not be missed. Really wish I could attend!! Nothing better than some rod builders getting together and having a good time.

Have a great time time to all that attend!!! Take some pics and post!!

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2008 10:31PM

SERBS, SWERBS,NWERBS, MWERBS, SCERBS, SWERBS, EUROERBS, AUSERBS......its an RBS thing when you shoot from the hip and make it happen................SERBS rule.

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Ash Carlton (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2008 11:28PM

I'll be there JP.

Ash

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 29, 2008 01:24AM

JP,

I may make the trip from WV. Is this gonna be a 1 day thing?

Bill in WV

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: April 29, 2008 07:19AM

robbie i understand. my daughters 9th birthday is the 17th and we will have a party for her as well as my son (5) whose birthday is dec 27th. we have a party for him as well as his gets caught up with xmas. the nerbs are invited and if billy, sean, or mike show up i will get all of you some BBQ. it will be a one day affair. i will throw some burgers and dogs on the grill or something simple. it should be a good time

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 29, 2008 10:24PM

JP,

I plan on attending also, just too close to miss out on the information shared from so many rodbuilders.
Thanks in advance for such an invite !

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Posted by: charlie cole (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 01, 2008 11:03AM

jp wish icould attend as you are almost in my back door but alas theres atrout that needs to be attended to. this has been planned for over a yr. on to the mosst creek. have agreat gathering regards charlie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster