I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: No more Gudebrod
Posted by: Raymond Adams (69.241.124.---)
Date: April 15, 2008 10:01AM

Company's rely on feedback and from what see here nobody has provided any
directly to the manufacturer. If no one with Gudebrod is watching this forum how
are they to know many are dissatisfied?

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2008 10:34AM

Raymond_Adams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gudebrod is watching this forum how
> are they to know many are dissatisfied?

the mass exodus will most likly give them a hint.

Feedback is one thing but sheesh this would be like telling them how to run their own company..

Posted by: kevin knox (---.direcpc.com)
Date: April 15, 2008 11:10AM

There is no sense in complaining to Gudebrod. They have much bigger problems since they lost the dental floss contract. I will really be suprised if they are in business in 2 years. Rod thread is a minute portion of their business. Its a shame that this is happening to all of us.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: April 15, 2008 11:46AM

I tried contacting Gudebrod and they could have cared less. I asked if they would replace the thread and they said to return it to the place of purchase. I told them of the problems and they like a lot of other companies now days tried to blame the user, they honestly did not care!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 15, 2008 11:59AM

If your not happy with a product, Let your fingers do the walkin' and your wallet do the taklkin' Universal language!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2008 12:00PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 15, 2008 04:54PM

Hi,

Unfortunately it seems that there are some closed minds posting. That is a shame. I would think that we try to make things better for all rod builders.

I spoke with one of my distributors and he has not had any calls referencing such problems.

On another note, as an example of how the businesses we purchase from will go to great lenghts to help us. Today I called a distributor making know a defect in a product I purchased from him. He stated he would get back to me. A few minutes later I get a phone call from the owner of the company who made the product. He was very interested not only in what the problem was but what could he do for me. He offered me much more than just a replacement.

See the results just by making a phone call. Always give people a chance.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 15, 2008 05:20PM

I agree woth you, Capt 100% Bashing never solved anything! that's why I sugessted if you aren't happy with something and can't get satisfaction, just move on

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: April 15, 2008 06:12PM

If it bothers so much just email gudebrod and point at this post, all the hard work is done already... Any company that cares would read this and say hold on a sec we have real problem.

Date: April 15, 2008 06:40PM

Hi,

Let me ask this question. How many thousands of rod builders have been using Gudebrod for how many years and now all of a sudden a few rod builders determine that Gudebrod has a real problem? Something just does not equate.

I am very pleased with the Gudebrod thread products that I use daily.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Date: April 15, 2008 07:43PM

I guess they wil just read the thread deem all who complained here crack pots and move on if there is no real problem.

Since thousands of people say that there is nothing wrong with gudebrod thread why bother contacting them, now there is nothing wrong. Make up your mind either there is something wrong and people should complain or there is nothing wrong.

Date: April 16, 2008 09:32AM

Its not constructive to bash, but on the other hand, its not productive to just say the good stuff. If there is a problem and everyone just kept their mouth shut, how would anyone ever know about it? All we are doing is sharing our experiences and findings. Its common knowledge that for years the thread was great. We are just commenting that we have seen a drastic quality control problem in the last 6 months. Nothing more, nothing less. Like so many things in this world, the quality was great and then it went down the toilet for some unknown reason.

Date: April 16, 2008 10:08AM

Good morning,

Okay, so posters say they have a problem with a product. Maybe so, maybe not. I have no way of knowing.

What I can not fathom is that having a problem with a product and not contacting the company. First off I would think that you would want a resolution to your or their problem. Secondly, if there is a serious defect then hopefully a refund is in order.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar!!!

Common decency says that you always go to the company first if possible. Give them the chance to hear your experience and if necessary let them make it right.

I find it so hard to believe that people will post negative about a product and never contact the company. I guess it is easier and less time consuming to do a post and besides you reach more people and spread more negativity that way. Amazing.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Date: April 16, 2008 10:19AM

I believe you have some very good points master of the shinnecock star. I emailed ya...

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 16, 2008 10:37AM

I just sent an e-mail to Gudebrod. They've always answered before.
Let's see if they are interested.

Posted by: Mark Ganrude (---.odec.com)
Date: April 16, 2008 04:04PM

interesting thread- pun intended.

I agree with the Capt. - take any issues directly to the company- nothing wrong with enquiring if others are having similar problems with a product- but an internet board is not necessarily going to garner the attention of a company- you can't expect them to monitor the internet 24/7 on every possible forum to check for complaints about their products. If it's a big enough problem to rant about it- it deserves to be addressed directly with the company- pointing them to a site is not going to get their attention- most sites have people posting anonymously- no way to tell if the complainer is genuine or a disgruntled former employee, etc. trying to tarnish their reputation- so don't expect them to get all bothered about what people are typing on the internet.

Interestingly enough I have not had any of the problems brought up- and have never found a knot in the middle of a spool of Gudebrod- maybe just haven't gone thru that much of it yet. I have gone to Madeira for decorative wraps, but unitl I decide I need a replacement, I will stick with Gudebrod for all my guide wraps.

Posted by: Paul Black (---.216.129.154.static.dejazzd.com)
Date: April 16, 2008 04:47PM

Thanks for the feedback about Gudebrod Metallic threads. It is important to get feedback whether positive or negative. As a manufacturer of rod wrapping products for over 60 years we have seen many changes and made many improvements to the products that we offer to both the custom rod builders and manufacturers. Listening to your comments helps us realize what improvements need to be addressed. A year ago I was compelled to reply to comments on the Rodbuilding.org web site that Gudebrod was getting out of the rod building business, or moving to China, or going totally out of business. I am glad to say that this was false then and is still false. We are still a 100% American made company supplying nearly every major rod manufacture in the world.
I think that you will find that every manufacture has their own set of problems. Do to the overall volume of material and products that we produce problems are sometimes missed. For this I apologize. Every person at Gudebrod knows that knots are not acceptable and I am actively trying to find out where they came from and eliminate the problem. Uneven spools is also an unacceptable issue but in most cases not detrimental to the product or the rod building process and is therefore not viewed as critical. I have already discussed this with manufacturing and expect improvements. My take on the twisting issue is a problem that Gudebrod corrected over a year ago. I believe that the material that you are having problems was probably manufactured prior to this. Our current offering of metallics no longer exhibits the twisting that you are commenting about and I will be glad to send samples to prove my statement.
I am pleased to announce that we are working on new innovative rod building products for 2008. Many of these products will be unique and exciting at least until our competition duplicates it. Once these products are in place I will be glad to send out samples to everyone who requests them.
As of late Gudebrod’s chemical offering has also become an issue. Several of our formulas need to be revamped or replaced. Since we are a specialty textile manufacturer we purchase our chemicals. I am glad to say that I believe we have found a near perfect version of our #811 Color Preserver. We are trying samples and should have answers shortly.

Since 65% of all the rods built in the world are made with Gudebrod threads I think that you will find that we still do many things correctly.

Please contact me directly at Pblack@gudebrod.com or 877-249-2211with questions, concerns or additional feedback that you still have.

Date: April 16, 2008 05:27PM

Paul,
Thanks for the information and your true concern. I will keep your info handy and email you. I currently have spools that I would like to send to you. I will send you an email.

Thanks again.

Kevin Knox
Queen Anne, Md

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster