I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Chevron wrap
Posted by: Ronald Bastyr (---.unfiltered.dsl.wiktel.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 02:47PM

Does anyone have easy instruction on how to wrap chevrons??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chevron wrap
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 05, 2008 03:04PM

Here you go-

1. Mark your centers depending on the length of the chevrons you want. Further apart gives you elongated patterns, close together gives you compressed patterns.

2. Wrapping from butt towards tip, make a pass with a thread to the right going up. Then make a pass with a thread to the right going down. 1 up to the right and then 1 down to the right.

3. Repeat step 2 over and over until you have what you want.

That's all there is to it.

Wrapping on both sides of the center will create a box or diamond, wrapping to the same side of the center each time will give you a chevron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2008 03:23PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 07:55PM

Ronald,

If you unhide your e-mail address I can send you some help!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Ronald Bastyr (---.unfiltered.dsl.wiktel.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 10:50PM

Mike
I unhide my email so send me the help. I am not retired yet but I will be in 7months and 24 days
thanks
Ron

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 06, 2008 12:08AM

Ronald,
Your e-mail is hidden. E-mail me at mbarkley@wowway.com

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Scott VanGuilder (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: April 06, 2008 08:16AM

Here is a thread from another site where I gave someone a brief explanation of reversing chevron for someone. It has a few pics too.
[www.fishingminnesota.com]

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: April 06, 2008 08:24AM

In Toms book Rod building guide there is a place near the back of it where he shows in step by step picutures how to do a diamond wrap. If you omit one half off the steps where the thread is being put on the oppoisite side of center and just do the ones where the thread goes to the right side you would end up with a perfect chevron. The pictures also show a good way to tie everything off wihtout having any lumps or gaps in the tie offs.

Posted by: Rob Puskas (66.179.163.---)
Date: April 06, 2008 12:24PM

Mike,
If it would not be too much trouble could you also send me the info about the Chevron wraps.
Thanks, Rob

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: April 06, 2008 08:55PM

If you want an "open" chevron just wrap as instructed by Tom. If you want a "closed" chevron pick a contrasting color and once you've someplted the chevron wrap, start wrapping "up", just like with the chevron, with the contrasting color. Keep wrapping till the rod doesn't show anymore. You will have a series of "standalone" chevrons on the area, not connected to anything or each other.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: David Teague (---.sip.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 10, 2008 09:42PM

Could someone help me with the 3d chevron, having problems with layout on this, i am sure it is just a silly newbie question but haven"t got visual wrap yet.

Posted by: Jim Munday (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 15, 2018 01:51PM

Chevon help Any help at all

Date: September 15, 2018 01:51PM

Chevon help Any help at all

Date: September 16, 2018 08:37PM

My Email jim44bk@aol.com

Re: Epoxie Will not Dry
Date: September 16, 2018 08:40PM

this is 1St time this happened Stick 35 hrs.

Pin Size air bubbles Why
Date: September 29, 2018 03:26PM

I Min 5 mim 10 min All ways pin size bubbles I Mix with mixing machine and use brisle brushed can I get advice. IUse classic epoxie

Pin Size air bubbles Why
Date: September 29, 2018 03:26PM

I Min 5 mim 10 min All ways pin size bubbles I Mix with mixing machine and use brisle brushed can I get advice. IUse classic epoxie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster