I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

color match bass pro bionic blade
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 24, 2008 03:53PM

Good afternoon everyone,
I need some help. I have a friend that would like me to repair a Bass Pro Bionic Blade and I need two things. The first is the guides are gold framed and appear to be Fuji aluminum oxides and the second thing I am having trouble with is what color is a good match for the main wrap?

Thanks, I appreciate the help

Tom Kaufmann
GySgt USMC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: color match bass pro bionic blade
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: March 24, 2008 06:08PM

I think it's the Fuji Hardloy guides that come in gold. The Bionic blade rods have been around a long time I think they have probably changed thread colors a time or two.

Posted by: John Broughton (---.vgs.untd.com)
Date: March 24, 2008 08:20PM

I would take a look at Gudebrod Claret. They have changed color, however the one I just repaired
matched up well with the claret.

John

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 25, 2008 05:38AM

Have you checked with the manufacture, for both guides and thread color. It might help if we knew where you are stationed. This way maybe one of the sponors closest to you can help you.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: March 25, 2008 10:11AM

BPS website says "every model is fitted with light Fuji® Concept aluminum oxide guides"

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 25, 2008 10:44AM

I think they have been making Bionic Blades for well over 20 years, depending on the time it was built it could be a number of Fuji guides as back than there was a lot more gold frames in the line up from Fuji and many others.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: March 25, 2008 01:11PM

Hi Guys,
sorry that I took so long in getting back to you all. Bob, I am currently stationed in Virginia Beach, Va (yeah I know it a hardship tour....LOL)
I did peel off the wrap and the main was a light brown (I will check the claret for a closer match, thank you John) followed by red and then gold metallic all of which were coated with red glitter. I had to really dig deep but I may have found the match for the brown, I already have the red and gold to an exact match.... now all I have to do is find the darn guides, I checked Anglers Resource and it doesn't look like they make the gold framed fly guides available to the public. I am looking for 2 size sixes and to be honest I would buy up to ten if I had to just so I have them on hand.

thanks,
Tom Kaufmann
GySgt USMC

Date: March 25, 2008 02:50PM

You might try Bob Lee at PacBay. Are you teaching the new recrutes to point their M16 in the right directionLOL
Good Wraps Bob. Iwas in the Navy and just shot cannons LOL
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 25, 2008 06:59PM

Thanks Bob, I will give Mr Lee a shout and see if I can come up with the guides. Unfortunately, I am not able to do any instruction on weapons where I currently am, I am hoping once I get back to the fleet I will be able to get on the ranges and do some more coaching. No, worries about being in the Navy, my wife is currently an ATC.... as you can imagine the Gunny versus Chief (both E7 for those who don't know) can get VERY interesting at times. LOL Have a good one and I will check out Pac Bay tomorrow at work.

Tom Kaufmann
GySgt USMC

Date: March 25, 2008 07:27PM

Thats funny my eye doc at the at Madigan Army Hospital is a Lt. Colonel, but his wife is a full Bird Colonel. They are both in the Medical feilds. He is an eye surgeon and she is bone doc. He says they don't pull rank. But she tell him she knows many ways to break his legs if he doesn;t agree with her. Heck I was just a E4 signalman when I got out43 years ago.
Good Wraps and Good Luck Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster