I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Matagi EVA
Posted by: Tom Slater (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 23, 2008 05:30AM

hey fella's

i am thinking of building a rod with EVA grips from matagi and am just wonderign about the hardness of their EVA? i like a really hard foam and really hate soft foam. so any help would be appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matagi EVA
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2008 09:12AM

Haven't worked with it so can't really comment on the firmness. You might email them and ask, although I know much of what constitutes "hard" versus "soft" is going to be subjective. If he can put a durometer hardness value on it then you'd have something to go on. Anything under about 60 is going to feel pretty spongy. Over 60 or 70 and you'd probably feel it was pretty good.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.coi.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 23, 2008 11:31AM

Johnny's Pond should have it or be able to get it. Why not try a few pieces and see for yourself. Then if you like it you can order as much as you want.

Posted by: Myles Boon (---.132.dsl.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: March 23, 2008 09:08PM

Tom,
I work with it all the time, it is what you are after, lot harder than the stuff we can sorce here (oz) or in the US.

Myles

Posted by: steve stanfill (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2008 01:04PM

Tom S
Who sells matagi EVA. I'd like to see if they have gold and dark red. Didn't see it on the johnny's pond site.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 24, 2008 04:45PM

Steve,

I would say that you would have to order it from Matagi in Japan. You could shoot them an email and inquire. They're really good about answering emails. Billy V. may know for sure also.

Bill in WV

Posted by: steve stanfill (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2008 05:46PM

Bill
Thanks for the reply. I went to their site some time ago, It seemed pretty confusing with Japanese writing but I'll give it another go. Curious what they have to offer.

Posted by: Ben Hurlstone (202.83.73.---)
Date: March 24, 2008 07:33PM

not sure if they still will but i sent them an email requesting a product guide book and got it sent internationally for no charge. put my first order in the other week so should get it this week and will let you know how hard the stuff is

Posted by: Kai Sprecher (---.esb.ucp.pt)
Date: March 31, 2008 12:38PM

If I'm not mistaken Merrick tackle works with matagi parts, hope this helps…

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster