I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The NERBs Spring Schedule - NJ & Chicago
Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: March 20, 2008 04:10PM

[northeastrodbuilders.com]

Anyone interested in the NJ gathering on April 19th, or the Chicago Gathering on June 14th, let me know as there are a few spots open. The Long Island Gathering is pretty much filled up with 23 rodbuilders, and several fishermen who will be there "interviewing" rodbuilders looking for a custom rod.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The NERBs Spring Schedule - NJ & Chicago
Posted by: Mike Valentine (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 09:58PM

Billy I'd be interested in th NJ gathering . Whre is it being held?

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 10:52PM

"Paul R.'s newly built shop in Tabernacle, NJ"

NOt sure how far that is from you, but it's about 1 hour and 15 minutes from the Outerbridge Crossing.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 10:56PM

I'm interested in the Chi-town gathering. Just need to look at my work schedule. What time and where?

Date: March 20, 2008 11:03PM

Scott the Chicago gathering will be at Tom Cooney's shop (I still haven't spoken with him though), and it should start at 10AM. If TOm is unavailable, I have a couple of options within 40 minutes of Downtown Chicago.

Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.fsepg.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 07:49AM

I will be interested in the Chicago one as well, but already know I would be late getting there. I already have a charter scheduled to go out on the big lake in the morning. We launch at either 4:00 or 5:00 am and on the water for 5-6 hours. I would not be able to be there till after noon sometime. How long is it planned on lasting for the day?

Date: March 21, 2008 08:29AM

Mike, considering I'm flying in form NY, teh Gathering should last a lon gtime, I gotta enjoy as much of teh event as I possibly can. I'll contact you with details, and well go from there. TEHre's nothing official or rigid, you're not going to get detention for showing up late, lol.

Date: March 21, 2008 10:32AM

Sorry guys, the New Jersey show filled up last night. Right now we're at 18, with one on the waiting list.

The Chicago event has room for a couple more.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:00AM

Billy, count me in for the Chicago show as well. Thanks Mark

Date: March 21, 2008 11:04AM

MArk, I'm sory you cannot attend. But you can drive down once te show is over to pick me up and take me fishing, and allow me to sleep over in your home. lol!!

We should have some cool things to show each other in June. That last set of e-mails we traded has my wheels spinning.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 02:02PM

Dang it Billy, I thought that I could get my name in soon enough that I'd be able to attend a Nerbs gathering for a change (lol). I have been practicing the secret Nerbs hand shake and every thing.

I know what you meen by wheels spinning. You have done the same thing to me from time to time.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.org)
Date: March 21, 2008 02:27PM

Billy, I am off work so I will be there. I'll drop you an email.
Thanks,
Scott

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 06:10PM

Billy will there be any alcohol lamps for sale that will facilitate the performance of one of my specialty tricks? If you have too many preregisters and someone gets unruly when the quorum is met and the door is closed I will forward a written procedure for crowd thinning.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 07:13PM

Bill,

I hope that doesn't involve something stinky coming from the south end of a north traveling donkey!!! LOL!!! Sorry had to do that, I just love that Cajun humor of yours!!!!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:39PM

Billy, pretty good stuff with the NERBS gatherings and making it all happen in different areas. Looking forward to the NJ gathering...cant make the West Coast gathering (Leah gave me that strange look that I know not to fight...I really thought I caught her at the perfect time too....oh well)

Pencil in a MA Gathering for mid August....clambake style, with emphasis on grips and thread art.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 11:43PM by Michael Joyce.

Date: March 21, 2008 11:49PM

I rather focus on clambake, lol. Rich offered to host one poolside duing teh summer in SI. Focus on family fun. Count me in for August, we'll talk more in NJ next month.

Posted by: Jim Currin (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2008 09:46PM

Billy,
Good meeting you in High Point. I was walking around with the big meatstick that had the defective batson roller guides on it. Mark knew exactly who you were when I described you.
Cheers,
jim

Date: March 22, 2008 10:43PM

Jim, nice to meet you as well. What guides did you end up going with to replace them? I learned a lot from you guys, I appreciate the feedback and info on the type of fishing you guys do.

Posted by: Jim Currin (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2008 01:50AM

Fugi sics with gunmetal frames and a #30 Aftco swivel roller top.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 23, 2008 03:55PM

Billy,

You've got email.

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster