I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Paint a blank??
Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2008 03:41PM

Anyone here able to paint a blank for a fellow rod builder? I tried to go the commercial route and after 14 weeks of waiting for the blank there seems to be no end to the wait. I was informed by one of sponsors here it could take up to 9 months to a year. please email if you can do it. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paint a blank??
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 15, 2008 04:04PM

Contact Swamplandrods@msn.com for delivery date and quote.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: March 16, 2008 06:16AM

Prep the blank and take it to a autobody shop. Have them paint it with a auto paint that has a flex additive added to the paint. Aalso have a clear coat sprayed on.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Terry Reece (---.nets.nemais.navy.mil)
Date: March 19, 2008 11:51AM

I just used regular automotive touch up paint that you can get from Advance Auto, and it's held up great. I put on two coats of primer and sanded each. Then 4 coats of the lacquer, first two sanded, second two wet-sanded, then 3 coats of clearcoat, all wet sanded. Took a lot of time, but the results were definitely worth it. The key is patience and preparation.

Date: March 19, 2008 05:12PM

That is why I recomended taking the blank to an auto / paint shop. To much time involved
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Daniel Burney (---.226.91.75.ip.alltel.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 05:30PM

how much do the body shops charge to paint a blank?

Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2008 05:43PM

Im in new york city the commecial rents are so high here and all the laws paint shops have to follow. i dont think any one them would do it. they would have to charge to much.

Date: March 20, 2008 08:44PM

I paid 10 bucks a rod
Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster