I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Outstanding customer service!!!
Posted by: Michael Ortega (---.va.neustar.com)
Date: March 12, 2008 01:51PM

I just wanted to post a quick thank you to Robert Tignor and the folks @ Fishsticks4u.

Fantastic to do business with!!!!!!

-Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outstanding customer service!!!
Posted by: Richard Hahn (199.173.225.---)
Date: March 12, 2008 03:56PM

I second that .......... bought some Mandrills and they arrived within 2 days ........

Posted by: Dave Orr (---.nt.interNORTH.net)
Date: March 12, 2008 04:11PM

Yep....I agree totally, 1st class all the way!!!!!

Regards
Dave

Fishing is Life the rest is just Details

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.tycoelectronics.net)
Date: March 12, 2008 05:04PM

Without a doubt, a class act!!!!!!!!!!!

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Tony Childs (---.mi.dial.123.net)
Date: March 12, 2008 06:14PM

I will also chime in on a great service team at Fishsticks. They have helped me in more ways than I can list in this post. Thanks guys.

Posted by: Sam Schalley (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: March 12, 2008 10:48PM

I have also found their service to be excellent.

Sam

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 12, 2008 11:32PM

Robert and Ray have awsome customer service skills, they will work around the clock to help you.
Mike Thompson

Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.)
Date: March 13, 2008 04:00PM

No offense intended but these type posts always put me off. Why would somebody post something like this? Did the dealer put him up to it? Is the poster being given a good deal in return for the good mention?

I\'m not accusing anyone but I don\'t think you fellows realize how this sort of thing looks to a lot of us. If I see a guy come in and really blast a dealer I figure he has an ax to grind and just ignore it. When I see a guy come in and praise a dealer I figure he\'s been put up to it or gotten some sort of deal for doing it so I ignore that too.

Again no offense intended but I don\'t see the point of these type posts. Moderator please remove this if I\'m out of line but I think I can say I speak for many that we are now a little suspicious of Fishsticks. I doubt they have anything to do with this but it makes you wonder.

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2008 09:39PM

Peter , I was going to respond to you by email ,but your email is Hidden . We do not ask anybody to put post on here and I dont think any of the other dealers on the sponsor list ask their customers to post on their behalf . We have no control of what people say good or bad or when . Today must be your first time on RBO because there have many post about other dealers from satisfied customers and you said nothing about those , but because it is Fishsticks you think we have to pay people to say something nice . WE DONT. You said if someone blast a dealer you ignore it and if someone praises a dealer you ingore it and I wanted to ingore your post but I did not like your insinuation

Robert

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2008 10:23PM

My experience with Fishsticks4u has been one of exceptional service, as it has been with most of the sponsors I've used as a low volumn consumer (hobby builder).

I think it worthwhile for others to be aware of vendors who provide such exceptional service, and see nothing wrong with expressing ones's thoughts about positive experiences with vendors.

Stan

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 14, 2008 06:44PM

I think Peter was talking about all such posts and not just those made concerning FishSticks. At least that's how I read it.

I don't allow folks to post bad things here about dealers because all too often their complaints are invalid or they're using a sort of "blackmail" to make a dealer cave into their demands. "You'd better give me free shipping or I'll go on www.rodbuilding.org and ruin you!" Believe it or not, that's a common threat to many of the sponsors here. Those who pull that stunt usually get quite a surprise.

On the flip side, I do allow people to post about good service from dealers but only because it does no harm, but I really don't think such posts carry much weight for the exact reasons that Peter has mentioned.

I also know this, no sponsor can cheat or defraud customers and remain sponsors here very long. If they're in the column to the left, they're doing okay or they wouldn't be there. I will quickly refund a sponsor's fee and boot him off if I catch wind and have proof of any underhanding dealings.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 08:03PM

Thanks for the good tip, as a newbie I have not ordered from them yet. However, I value all opion and just requested a catalog.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster