I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A Fantastic Show
Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 09:01AM

Been so busy after returning, that I just now had a minute to sit down and type a message about the Big Show. I truly believe this show surpassed all the previous ones!! It was one fantastic event. I would like to take this time to personally Thank everyone that came by our booth and purchased merchandise or just spent a little time visiting with us. I am very fortunate and blessed to have all the super customers that spent time and money with us. It also goes a little farther than that with us. The friendships that I have made with my customers and suppliers over the years overwhelm me at times and are ir-replaceable by any measures. Thank You to our friends, customers and suppliers that support us. Another group of fellows that I have my utmost respect for, are those gentlemen that travel and come to the Show and volunteer their valuable time and effort to help man our booth. Without them, I would be nothing. Thank You Hunter McK, Jim, Barry, Ken, Ernie and John. Thanks to all my suppliers that work their booths and send business our way. I can only hope all of you know who you are and read this post. One last "Huge Thanks" to the man that makes this dream we all needed for years come true -- Mr. Tom Kirkman. Without the countless hours of his time and hard work, this dream of ours could have never transpired. I hope you can find a way to keep on making it happen. Again, Thank You Tom!! It was a pleasure to spend time with our existing customers, new customers, our suppliers, our competitors, other business associates and those of you that are our best of friends. I appreciate all of you from the bottom of my heart. Contact me at anytime, if I can be of any help assisting you with any projects.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 09:48PM by Custom Tackle Supply.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Fantastic Show
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.coi.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 10:58AM

I tried three times on Saturday morning and then early afternoon to buy some parts from you. I couldn't get near your booth. Did make it back by on Sunday and got what I needed. I appreciated the personal service I was given even though I didn't make a large purchase. That says alot about your company IMO.

I agree on it being a really great show. It's everything everyone says it is and more. All involved should be congratulated.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (198.139.109.---)
Date: February 28, 2008 11:53AM

Bob - the best part of dealing with you was to get to meet you.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to get my order together, or how easy you made the whole transaction, much less everything else you did for us.

Thanks!

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Thomas,Barry (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 02:29PM

Bob;
Did your Back stop hurting yet? LOL You were going like a Man possesed Saturday and Sunday!
It was A Pleasure to Meet Your Son

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: February 28, 2008 07:44PM

Thank You for your very kind words of our business. We are proud of the fact to offer just plain "Good Ole Customer Service". The fellow that actually started this business back in 1975 was Mr. Lloyd Simmons. Mr. Lloyd drove a lot of things in my head about business and how you treat your customers. I started with him late in 1974, when he was just in the planning stages of the business and we opened the door for business in 1975. One of the many, many business practices that he always drove home in my head, was the fact that you treat others as if you were in their shoes. Treat others the way in which you would like to be treated. Barry, it is really funny that you mention my son Hunter. He just turned 16. I was a year younger than Hunter, when I started with Mr. Lloyd. Hunter is a very good young man and my pride and joy. I purchased the business from Lloyd in 1986 and am somehow still around today. Yes, my feet, my legs, my back still hurt from this past weekend!! But you know, I would not have it any other way. You are all worth every minute of it. What a fantastic bunch of folks to be associated with and a "Great Show" to bring many of them together at.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: John Martines (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2008 09:57PM

I couldn't get near the Custom Tackle booth either on Sat. but finally did Sun. ! Uncle Russ, Thanks again I can't wait to try the Calico Creek rod and I'll give you the low down on my thoughts when I do!

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2008 10:28PM

i would like to thank custom tackle. i was busy myself and grabbed Ken Praeger(he was working with them). i only had time to tell him i wanted some of the small guides. he brought them to my booth as i was answering questions there. now that is service. great job

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 29, 2008 02:55AM

For those of you that don't already know, Bob McKamey is one of the real "backbones" of this craft! His willingness to share his wealth of knowledge along with his GREAT service is a tribute to his integrity!!! Can't wait to see the new web site that is in the works!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 29, 2008 08:36AM

Bob McKamey
I want to personally thank you for being at the show, working with me, and every other builder that had questions for you.
For taking the time you have so precious little of over the last year working with me on different projects.

But most of all I want to thank you for having the Vision and Foresight to stock the Micro guides! So that we as builders can continue to experiment and refine what we do, that makes our craft what it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster