I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Micro Guides and casting distance with spin reel loops...
Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 03, 2008 08:33PM

Mo,
Yes. The drop from a 12 straight to a fly 6 is quite significant compared to dropping to an 8LJ, and requires the 6 to be very far away from the 12.

Tom,
No problem, you're quite welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2008 10:05PM

25-10-5-3.5

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 03, 2008 11:53PM

So Steve, you are even more radical than I.....:) Just can't keep up with the 'state of the Steve Gardner art'....LOL!

Mo

Posted by: Jean Scurtu (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2008 12:36AM

Mo,

Damyl Tectan is one of the best mono line( i was fishing with this line 25 years ago in European fishing tournament).The only problem is memory of this line.
When i hook big fish all the time i swich the antirevers from " on" to "of" and rewind giving line ,so i can catch huge fish with thiny line.

Date: March 04, 2008 05:36AM

Steve,
That's FAR OUT!!! Superlight and really choked down. Is that setup using high framed guides?

Date: March 04, 2008 02:25PM

So far I have either used the Batson V-3 guides ( because I really like the look, and some of the guy’s I build for are a little rough in things)

Or I have used the Fuji TATsg--J guides.
The last one I've done and the one that is mentioned earlier in the post that I am setting up right now for testing to answer Mo's question is actually

Fuji TAT sg 25J -10 - 5 - 2.5 - then 1.5 mm running guides.

Fixing to build a couple using 25- 10- 5 Match guides then 2,5mm running guides

Date: March 05, 2008 02:03AM

Crikey!! Next thing we'll be using fish hook eyes in place of guides, or as Mo said, no guides at all, ahahaha. Hmm, them fish hooks actually look like TATSG's, with a little work. Interesting to see all that. Over here, we are using light braid, but with heavier leaders and knots passing through all the time. So tend to mainly stick with the 6's, plus that's pretty much the smalles you can get here quite easily.

Date: March 05, 2008 08:21AM

Until a couple of months ago, out side of that I've had for testing. You could not get them here either. They have just come on the market. It has taken me a year to create enough interest in the guides to finally have one vender (Custom Tackle) start stocking them.

Date: March 05, 2008 02:27PM

Good job Steve. My understanding is that you get credit for really pushing these. Thanks for sharing.

Mo

Date: March 05, 2008 09:58PM

MO;
I don't know were that info came from?
I get absolutely NO credit, kick back, Bonus or any thing else including free ones for promoting these.
I was sent the first batch to experiment with and have paid for every one I've used since.

Don’t get me wrong part of my reason for promoting them was so that enough people would want try them and therefore they would become available on the open market, so that I would be able to buy them the rest of my life. Because I am so convinced of the benefits of the little guides I would hate to not have access to them.
If you need to verify that you can contact Bill Batson or Bob McKammey with Custom Tackle.

I wish I was getting credit, but its simply not true, all I wanted was more access to them.
If you don’t mind would you send me an email, letting me know were that came from?

Date: March 06, 2008 01:58AM

LOL Steve. I don't mean credit as payment or financial gain of any kind.

I meant credit, in the best sense possible, as being recognized/acknowledged for being the person that really bought this to the attention of the public and making the advantages known....:)

Mo

Date: March 06, 2008 08:08AM

MO;
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess in that respect you are correct. One other person was given the opportunity to experiment with these and he said he just pushed them around on his desk until he finally through them away.

As soon as I built the first rod with one, I realized what I had my hands on and have pushed them ever since

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster