I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alps printers and decals
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2008 03:11PM

I have searched and can not find specific answers. I have an Alps MD4000 printer and have been printing decals for some time. I now wish to print in white if possible with my printer. First problem is ink cartridges, I can not find a white ink cartridge that is specifically for the MD4000. I can find them for the Alps MD5000.In all the other colors the ink cartridge numbers for The MD4000 and the MD5000 are the same, which leads me to believe I may be able to do white, I underline "may". Can someone please help who is familiar with these? I could also use a source for water slide decal paper with a colored background so I can see the white decals if it turns out I can print. I do have the spot color option on my MD4000.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alps printers and decals
Posted by: Jimi Ellis (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2008 05:03PM

Doug,

When Decal Connection opened its doors back in the mid 90's, we did use some alps printers at the time. Of course we not longer do that, but to the best of my knowledge, the only difference the 4000 has over the other models is the scanning properties. The cartridges are all the same for the 1000,4000, 5000. I talked to Alps techs a lot back then.
Hope this helps

Jimi Ellis
Southern Grafix
www.SouthernGrafix.com

Posted by: stan lothamer (---.aubnin.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2008 08:48PM

if you want white back ground, you can order white decal paper just print over it. i have both kinds, but havent used any white yet. stan

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.dsl.dynamic.nccray.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 09:35PM

The MD 4000 wasn't set up to print in white. Only the MD 1000, 1300, and 5000 print with the white cartridge from the factory.

You can possibly "fool" it into printing white by using a black-in-color file, choosing "monochrome text" (black cartridge only) in the pop-down color list, and putting the code decal off a black cartridge (0) onto a white cartridge (has code "16" on it), and put just that re-labeled white cartridge into your printer, though.

A simple joining of the alps group on yahoo (free) would let you access their files and the information on the above should be in there.

There's two places that still sell white cartridges new that I know of. You could email me if you'd like that information and I'll give it to you then.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.dsl.dynamic.nccray.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 10:21PM

I can also give a link to the colored background, clear waterslide material so that you can see the white printing over it before putting the decal on the blank.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.pm3-7.pit-ch.pa.localnet.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 11:01PM

Like Putter said, you'll have to "fool" it. Take the metallic sticker off the black cart. & put it on the white cart. Then tell the printer to "spot color" in black...works every time :.}

you also have to do that with the 2010.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 11:03PM by Harv Gorton.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2008 06:09PM

Thanks fot all the help. I have colored paper and a white ink cartridge on the way

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster