I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Blank ID needed
Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 24, 2008 08:49PM

Trying to ID a blank labeled SWR IP-843. Anyone know who made this?

Thanks

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blank ID needed
Posted by: russell cook (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: February 24, 2008 09:15PM

I think Lamiglas makes an IP-843. I think they are matte black.

Good Wraps..
Russell C.
Bastrop,Tx.

Date: February 24, 2008 09:22PM

Thanks Russell, I think actually several companies offer something with an IP-843, It's the SWR that's throwing me off.

Ayone else have a clue who made these? I picked these up in the Swampland booth if that helps.

Thanks

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: mike arnold (---.mannford.ok.mbo.net)
Date: February 24, 2008 09:49PM

What i have found it is made by Batson/Rainshadow But i really dont have a clue if this right or not !! IP843 Olv.Grn. / M. Clr. 7'0" 1 8-14lb. 1/4-5/8 0.475 4.5 Mod-Fast Med-Lt 1.70oz.

Posted by: woody osborne (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 24, 2008 10:27PM

label on my SWR IP - 843 BLANK READS:
SWR IP - 843
LINE WT. 8-17 # MED. lT.
LURE WT. 3/8 - 3/4 OZ.
IT IS APPROX. 0.495" @ BUTT; 5.5/64ths @ TIP BLACK.

Date: February 24, 2008 11:30PM

Thanks for the replies Mike and Woody, I'm still not sure that it's a Batson/RS blank; the SWR prefix has me baffled.

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 07:48AM

were did you get the blank?

Date: February 25, 2008 08:59AM

Swampland Booth at the show

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 08:59AM

You mentioned that you picked it up in the Swampland booth ... the part number is SWR IP-843. I can pretty much assure you that means SWampland Rods Inshore Popping 84 inches 3 power. That would make it their own blank via an OEM source.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 09:09AM

Jim is correct. Castway is the manufacturer of the blank.
Jim sorry we never got to meet I was looking foreward to getting together with you. or maybe we did and just never introduced ourselves.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2008 09:55AM

Steve - We met last year at Bob's booth and I sampled your Vibronics rod and your ability to hum the Star Spangled Banner through the handle. The demo was quite impressive and the humming was right on key.

I was there this year as well, but with more friends to help Bob and I. I did see you quite a few times trying desperately to get anywhere near the tables. It was chaos at times, busy at others. You need to sign yourself up for the "party train" after hours ... we need someone new to the group to buy the first round.

See you next year at the show for sure. Tom WILL have the Expo ... too many folks would be looking for him otherwise. LOL

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2008 05:18PM

Walt, Jim and Steve are correct. That is a Castaway blank that was built into their production rods. That particular model was discontinued and I bought their closeouts from them. SWA is short for Swampland.

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.tycoelectronics.net)
Date: February 25, 2008 05:59PM

Thanks Lance Jim and Steve,

I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was building on.

Lance those were great deals, I wish I had bought more when I grabbed my first 20, I did manange to grab a few more later but they sure didn't last long. If you come across anymore I would certainly be interested.

Congrats to the Mrs on the Renzetti win.

Nice meeting you at the show.

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster