I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Flight cancelled
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 07:40PM

Anyone else flying down from the North East tomorrow, might want to check the status of their flights ASAP. I just found out my flight has been cancelled

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flight cancelled
Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 07:41PM

Just click your pink heels together and say .... "There is NO place like the Showplace".

Start driving now and you will actually get there early.

In all seriousness - check Southwest, they fly to RDU (Raleigh/Durham). Those guys WILL fly in anything. A few years ago, they left Tampa during tropical storms winds and then flew right through Hurricane Katrina before it plowed New Orleans. It was the most interesting (for lack of a better word) flight ever ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2008 07:46PM by Jim Gamble.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 07:46PM

Does that mean my piece of cheese cake will be there on Saturday?

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:18PM

Hi Billy,

I tried SouthWest Air and could not find any info. I will now be updated by email starting 3 hours before departure. looks like rain at Raleigh/Durham.

Neil

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:23PM

Jim, I do not drive. MEaning I have no driver's license.

Fortunately, RIch Schwarz is coming through and will be driving down, starting our trip in about 40 minutes. This is the SECOND major roadblock that has tried to ruin the show for a few people in the last 12 hours. Dave Boyle had all his VisualWeave CD's siezed when he came through Customs in LA last night. Rather than crying about it, he got himself together and went out and got plenty of copies burned for the show so they will be available for purchase at the NERBs booth.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:35PM

Safe trip Billy,See ya there. I changed plans also to leave early and also take my jeep instead of the pick-up.Less room but will handle the weather a little better.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:50PM

i live 25 miles from high point and we are currently under a winter weather advisory. there is a chance of something,but is supposed to be only rain after 6 am and temps near 50 degrees tomorrow. the schools here are already on a 2-hour delay due to the possible weather. we don't handle winter weather here in the south very well. i would bet there is no bread or milk to be found in the grocery store. safe travels to all

Posted by: David A. Fuller (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:58PM

Billy,
"smack" on the forehead, should have RV'd !

Hoping to see you here,

Good Wrappin !
David A. Fuller,
Great Basin Fishing Rods
Full-Time RV'r Traveling- n- Fishing
www.mytripjournal.com/FullersBigAdventure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2008 12:40PM by David A. Fuller.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 09:15PM

I am similar to John. Things maybe icey in the morning but I expect everything to melt by noon. I am in the moutaians about 3 hours west of High Point. Take your time and be careful. I expect everything will be OK afternoon. Talking 44 +F afternoon. It has been warm so I do not expect much ice on the roads after sunrise. Just hope the Radisson does not lose power!

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Date: February 21, 2008 10:40PM

Hi Billy,

Just watched the weather for tomorrow. Looks like I might not get off the ground in Long Island tomorrow AM. My bet is that the plane may not be able to land in Baltimore. Oh well. Rather be stuck at home than on the road.

Neil

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 21, 2008 11:38PM

My connecting flight from Philly to Greensboro has been cancelled. First leg is still a go. I am going to Philly, see what I can do from there.

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2008 12:38AM

David is here and has his stuff coming in from customs as well as a back up plan in effect. All is well, after all.

The bad weather will clear by mid morning tomorrow and temps will be in the 50's on Friday and Saturday.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 01:28AM

Checking into a hotel in Virginia. Half way there.

Rich says hello.

Sean & Neil, good luck to both of you guys. I'll save you a piece of cake.

Date: February 22, 2008 06:56AM

Hi Billy,

You da man!!!

Just tried to call Brad. No answer, so he is driving in from Montauk in the snow. Southwest snow lines says it is still on time both at Long Island and Baltimore so we are still a go!.

Neil

Seane??? I hope you you are still headed south.

Gee Tom, you didn't not have to go to all this trouble just for us. Ha!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2008 08:16AM

The weather here is starting to warm, we should have nothing more than light rain the rest of the day and night.

Hopefully things will break loose for those waiting on airline flights.

Date: February 22, 2008 09:08AM

Hi Gang,

Oh well, We almost got to the SHOW!

Seems Southwest can't find the snow ski's at Long Island Airport. They just cancelled our plane.

Have a great time! We will try again next year.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 09:17AM

Bummer Capt. Neil, I know you were looking forward to it

Tony

Posted by: Bill Ballou (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 12:41PM

Neil, sorry you won't make the show. Looking forward to meeting you after all the help you gave me on spiral wraps over the phone. Leaving Knoxville Fri noon trip should be wet but ok.- Show should be great-talk to you soon-Bill Ballou

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.pm3-3.pit-ch.pa.localnet.com)
Date: February 22, 2008 02:14PM

Billy, since you haven't answered teh last 3 emails I sent you, and, since I've known you since you didn't know what threadwork was, ..it's time somebody busted YOUR chops...

you could always learn how to drive... LOL !!! & maybe become a cabbie in the big apple to help you support your rodbuilding addiction.. LOL !!!!

Have a good time my friend, & feel sorry for those of us who must WORK for a living, & not be able to spend hours upon hours of company time on the internet.. !! Nor be able to choose what weekend we have off for ' the big one'.
I'm glad I can say "I knew you When"..you've done well with sharing threadwork.... Thank You

someday, I'll join you & we'll raise the roof on that place.

:>]

Posted by: Hunter Armstrong (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 03:37PM

Central Virginia is just above freezing at the moment, with very light rain, but the temperatures will be warming through the night. If you're in the northeast, though, you might want to consider Amtrak. Here's a link of trains departing Penn Station for Raleigh.
Tight lines,
Hunter

[tickets.amtrak.com]

From ghoulies and ghosties,
and long leggedy beasties,
and things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord deliver us!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster