I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Of all the lousy luck
Posted by: Rodney Unruh (---.rhhe1.2wcm.comporium.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 04:22PM

For the last 3 years I have been unable to attend the expo. Finally this year is the year! I am currently living just a few hours drive away and I have been keeping that weekend free as much as is in my power. After this year it will probably be another 4 years before I have another chance (I live overseas most of the time.) Now it just so happens that my wife is due with our 3rd child and you can just guess the due date! I have been consoling myself with the fact that it is #3 and so there is a good chance it will come early enough that I will be able to sneak out of the house for Sat. But no, still no baby #3 and with every passing day and now every hour, it looks less likely that I will be able to make it. You guys have no idea how frustrating this is and I don't dare complain about this around the house.... Hoping to be there but losing hope.

Rodney

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Of all the lousy luck
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 05:14PM

Hi Rodney,

Keep the faith!!! You can only do what you can do. Prayers for a healthy baby and mother!!!

You can always complain here. I am sure most of the guys will help you out, especially us older guys that have been there and now have broad shoulders (some of us boad bellies also, ha,ha) and bald heads so that everything just rolls off.

Hang in there man!!!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 06:27PM

Try this....It worked for one of my best friends when his wife was late with their second.

Buy your wife new car.....................He did, she freaked (it was a Custom PT Cruiser) and her water broke right then and there.......Instant gratification.

That was the third baby I delivered.

If you can't afford a car I am sure you can figure out SOMETHING that will make her freak in the right way.

GOOD LUCK

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 06:31PM

Buy her a ticket to the ICRBE! I`m sure that will freak her out and make her jump up and down!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 18, 2008 09:24PM

Rodney,

Seriously, get her out walking!!! I've seen this happen numerous times with my sister's in law and other friends and relatives who were close to their due date and wanted to get it over with. Go to the mall, a park, a football field, anything just get her walking!!!! Another way, that I don't recommend, unless you plan on delivering your own child: put her in your pick up and take her to the bumpiest road you can find and hit every hole!!! LOL Good luck!!!

Awesome point Mike!!!!

Bill in WV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2008 10:16PM by William Bartlett.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 09:33PM

Congradulations.....theres MANY more things more important than rodbuilding...one would be life, ,,,it would be great if you posted a photo of the new rodbuilder in the "misc" catagory. Lose one event...gain another.

Posted by: Ash Carlton (---.cpm.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 08:42AM

I hope that your third comes into this world happy, healthy, and a fisherman (or woman). Just remember that the show will be in February next year (I think) so stay away from your wife the whole month of May. Just kidding! Who knows next year you could say its a birthday present for your upcoming rodbuilder.

Happiness and health.

Ash

He's here!
Posted by: Rodney Unruh (---.dsl.comporium.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 10:40AM

Well what do you know! Just after I posted things started happening. My little boy was born all nice and healthy this morning. Looking forward to many years with my new fishing buddy!

Rodney

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2008 10:50AM

Maybe he wanted to attend the Expo as well. Kids under 10 get in for free so bring him along with you.

Posted by: Rodney Unruh (---.dsl.comporium.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 11:01AM

LOL The thought crossed my mind....briefly.

Re: He's here!
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 01:00PM

Hi Rodney,

Congratulations to Mom, the new baby boy and the family!!! Oh yeah, you also.

Enjoy! Enjoy!! Enjoy!!!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: February 19, 2008 08:16PM

Congratulations Rodney !! Hope Mom and the Baby are fine.
Next year he will be one year old and walking. Bring him to the Show. He will find all kinds of toys to play with !!

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Re: He's here!
Posted by: Ash Carlton (---.cpm.net)
Date: February 20, 2008 08:08AM

Congratulations Rodney!! I hope all are happy and healthy!

Ash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster