I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Joe Meehan & American Tackle
Posted by: Pete Sansone (---.fineline.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 08:15AM

Last fall I built a 9' 5 weight 4 peice Matrix fly rod which came out beutiful in my eyes. Even better was the way it cast and fished. I have beed fly fishing for over 45 years and this rod fit my style as well as the best rods I've ever fished. Unfortunately, I broke the end section, snaped right in half while taking it out of it's sock. Dad-Gumit! Anyway, I called American Tackle and was suprise when Joe, the president answered the phone. He said that he was sorry that this had happened to me and told me to send him some pictures along with a copy of the receit frpm purchase. two days later there was a package leaning against my porch when I got home from work w/ a brand new blank it! No freight charge or anything. I just want to compliment a man who stand behing his company and his product the way Joe does. I will definitly buy more American product. Way to go Joe, its a pleasure to deal with someone like you in this day and age!
Sincerly,
Pete Sansone

Snooker Pete

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joe Meehan & American Tackle
Posted by: Kevin Graybeal (---.128.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 08:49AM

Joe's a great guy. I think all at American Tackle are - it's just the way they do biz.
I agree Pete - very refreshing in this day and age.

Posted by: Steven Kincaid (---.apria.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 09:32AM

Pete: In the short time I've been reading this forum, I am truly amazed and PROUD of the number of stories I have read like yours!! It's great to see that this is such an ethical, customer focused industry! I wish the rest of the retail world would wake up and take a few lessons from companies like American Tackle and a bunch of others I've read about here. Thanks for sharing!!
Steve Kincaid

Steve Kincaid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2008 09:33AM by Steven Kincaid.

Posted by: Billy Broderick (208.66.198.---)
Date: February 14, 2008 03:34PM

I too had a broken rod of theres. Actually it was a customer who broke it and they replaced it without charge faster then the blink of and eye and no freight charge. wish other company's were all like that as some get you for two way freight to ship the broke blank and the new one and some even charge a fee for warrenty replacement. Am tek backs up there pledge

Posted by: Ed Wong (---.dslextreme.com)
Date: February 15, 2008 08:16PM

Similar story.

I have a 9' 6 weight Matrix that is my favorite still water rod. I use it so much that I wore out one of the male ferrules. Called the American Tackle folks up to order a replacement section. I clearly told them that I wore it out and wanted to buy a replacement section. They sent out an entire replacement blank for no charge. Not even the postage. These are not isolated events. It's the way they are.

Ed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster