I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A Guide to Thread Weaving by Jim Upton IN STOCK!!
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 07:04PM

Just received my shipment of Jim Uptons's weaving book, A Guide to THREAD WEAVING for the Custom Rod Builder and got it up for sale on the NERBs site. [northeastrodbuilders.com]

Those looking to weave, look no further. I glanced through the book right quick and it takes from from A to Z from start to finish. Includes an advanced section, tips, tricks, tools EVERYTHING! I'm gonna read my copy tonight and will update the NERB site with a "book review" tomorrow.

Jim, great job on the book, I cannot wait to get my copy signed down in High Point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 07:17PM by Billy Vivona.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Guide to Thread Weaving by Jim Upton IN STOCK!!
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 13, 2008 07:38PM

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 08:16PM

Does Tom need to schedule a book signing for the Authors and software developers that will be on hand at the show?? Seems a lot of new media has hit the market lately.
That has to be good for the craft!!!! The only thing I will be signing is checks and credit receipts (and that will be all day).

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 08:45PM

Thanx, Billy, and I can't wait for our "BOOK EXCHANGE". I'll be happy to autograph a copy for anyone that would like it.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 10:25PM

I read through the majority fo teh book, and unfortunately I no longer have an excuse to not weave. I've used all sorts of excuses, but with Jim's book, and Dave's VisualWeave Software, which go hand in hand - it can't get any easier. I've got a few patterns I want to weave, and will be working on post- High Point.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 12:06AM

Set aside a copy for me please.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (198.139.109.---)
Date: February 14, 2008 12:00PM

Please hold a copy for me. Then I'm gonna ask Jim to weave his signature into the cover.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: February 14, 2008 02:51PM

Russ & Mike, I've set aside a copy for each. Jim better have a new Sharpie with him at all times down tehre, he's gonna be busy signign books for 2 days.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2008 06:10PM

Unlike the Wonder Weaver, Jim actually supplies and sells his new book and as such will have his own booth in High Point. You can catch him there and I'm sure he'll be happy to autograph a copy for anyone who buys a copy at the Expo.

Posted by: Chad Huderle (65.91.174.---)
Date: May 30, 2008 09:40AM

Hi Jim, I'm just getting interested in thread weaving and am trying to absorb as much information as possible. Is your book presented in a way that goes hand-in-hand with using the Wonder Weaver or does it present ways of weaving using other methods?

Thanks very much and I look forward to your reply,
Chad Huderle
Prior Lake, MN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster