I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mud Hole Clout? or Love?
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.229.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2008 11:04AM

Per the recent threads on this forum about “Mudhole Clout?” we simply point readers to the following article which just was published in the Denver Colorado Pueblo Chieftain newspaper:
[www.chieftain.com]

We say with great pride Mr. Loyd is our customer, in fact we helped get his program off the ground and continue our special relationship to this day. We are proud of his efforts, accomplishments and success at bringing the education and business programs to correctional centers.

Mud Hole has been active in expanding the art of rod building into new communities of people who might not otherwise have enjoyed this rewarding craft. We feel that providing education, job skills and therapy to prisoners is not about clout, ego, influence or power. It is about sharing our love of rod building beyond this Forum, the Internet or paper catalogs – in a way that positively affects lives of people. We strive for that in every customer we have the pleasure of serving.

To archive this goal, we believe in reaching beyond the ordinary marketing efforts to expand the world of rod building to others that don’t even know “you can build your own fishing rod”. Hence, a copy of our 2008 Catalog was shipped to every subscriber of Rod Maker Magazine.

At Mud Hole we love what we do – pure and simple. Backed by dedicated employees striving to provide outstanding customer service, rod building knowledge, catalogs and web experiences - it’s easy to see why some might call it Clout – we prefer to call it sharing our love of rod building.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mud Hole Clout? or Love?
Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: February 08, 2008 12:35PM

A class act. Good for you.

Chuck

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: February 08, 2008 02:43PM

Kudos to Team Mud Hole !!! Keep up the good work guys.
As another satisfied customer, I enjoy doing business with you.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 08, 2008 02:49PM

God bless you!! This is why I, personally, will continue to use Mudhole as one of my primary suppliers. Folks, this IS what it's all about!!! Giving back to the society that they have taken from, or caused harm to.

Bill in WV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2008 03:03PM by William Bartlett.

Posted by: Bob Turpen (---.220.140.67.ip.alltel.net)
Date: February 08, 2008 03:21PM

What a fascinating story. I tip my fishin hat to all at Mud Hole!

"Life is too short to fish with UGLY rods!"

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: February 08, 2008 04:23PM

Makes me want to go rob a bank, I'm at work and these guts are sitting back spinning rods with a wonder weaver no less, the only problem is I like to fish my rods after I build them.

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 08, 2008 05:57PM

Way to go Mud Hole. Great story,sure looks like the inmates have a great place to work,neat and tiddy.
By the way,great looking cover on the 2008 cataloge. Keep up the great work Mud Hole team.
Wonder if they subscribe to Rod Maker Magazine ???

<<<DON>>>

Posted by: Kevin Graybeal (---.128.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2008 06:07PM

Mudhole's my candy shop. BIG selection of components. I get 99.9% of my goodies there. They go out of their way to provide the very best service they can.
Sounds like I'm a pretty loyal customer, huh? You better believe it.

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chi2ca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 08, 2008 06:49PM

I ditto all of the above three fold.....No way this is clout....this is Love and some very smart business people to share their love with other rod builders thru Rodmaker Mag....YEAH Team Mudhole !!!!! A step above per usual.

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: Phil Richmond (124.40.47.---)
Date: February 08, 2008 07:58PM

Mudhole- I think you need not worry too much. You've proven your usefullness and reliability over several years and have nothing to prove. If I weren't stationed back in Japan now I'd still be making the monthly drive from Tampa to Orlando to flex blanks and stock up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster