I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Can't access Mudhole's web site
Posted by: Pete Kornegay (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 03, 2008 06:44PM

Due to work and other very inconvenient issues, I had to put away my rod building stuff several months ago but it now looks like I'll be getting back in the groove soon. Last week, I discovered that I can no longer access Mudhole's web site. Their home page won't even come up on my screen. I called Mudhole and talked at length to Mike, their web guru and he very patiently walked me through every conceivable setting. Now get this: I use Internet Explorer and my son, on his computer in the next room (we're both connected to the modem by a router) uses Firefox and he can't get Mudhole to come up either.

I've tried all of the obvious stuff (turning on cookies, changing security settings, etc.) and a lot of not so obvious stuff that Mike recommended but to no avail.

I'm hoping that someone out there has encountered this and maybe has the magic solution???

Thanks for any assistance.

Pete K.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't access Mudhole's web site
Posted by: John Trella (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2008 07:03PM

Pete,

Just a couple of quick ideas you may have already looked into. Have you set one of the machines as a DMZ (Nat pass-through) or hooked a laptop or something straight to the modem? If so, it may be a DNS issue with your IP.

That is kinda of a wierd deal, if all the security stuff had been disabled. I am sure you will get some good advice.

-JOHN

Posted by: Kevin Graybeal (---.128.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2008 07:15PM

Pete, I get through to Mudhole no prob - so it's not their server. If what John suggested aint working either, maybe it's a local server problem near you? I know I've had that issue from time to time. Call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask if servers could be down in your area.
Good luck Buddy

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.62.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2008 08:29PM

The problem with a DNS server down is that you would have an entire xx.xx.xx.xx/24 of IP addresses you could not access. I doubt this is the case. It seems you may have accidentally denied access within your router. The other option is that your hosts file may be corrupt. You could try downloading wireshark (formerly ethereal) and then open it, start a packet capture and attempt to access Mudhole. If you send me that packet capture file to Seanfishy@gmail.com, I may be able to figure out exactly what is going on with the site. IF its your ISPs server side problem, there will be nothing you can do except wait until it is resolved.

I am assuming you have all other sites working just fine. I am also assuming that Mike would have told you to clear all browser cache and delete all temp files and history.

Posted by: Pete Kornegay (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 03, 2008 08:52PM

Guess what? I just tried to access Mudhole and everything is fine. Home page comes up just like it's supposed to. To say that I'm red-faced right now would be an understatement. I should have checked one more time before posting but this is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and do stuff other than work so I assumed the problem still existed.

However, since I haven't changed any of my computer settings since trying to resolve the problem, it points to a problem with my ISP. I've had problems with my ISP in the past suddenly blacklisting people who regularly send me business e-mail from secure and otherwise clean ISPs.

THANK YOU to all who responded and even to all of you who just gave it some thought !!

Pete K.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster