I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Graphite USA
Posted by: Ked Stanfield (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: January 28, 2008 10:56AM

Does anybody know where I can get the United series of blanks? Mud hole has quit carrying them and I haven't found anywhere that has em.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Graphite USA
Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 12:18PM

Try contacting Billy Vivona through this website. Hecan provide good insight as to where they might be available. He may even have some info on their new series of blanks as well.
Chuck

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 01:49PM

You may try calling them direct.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2008 02:46PM

Billy Vivona is a full sponsor here now and I think he has access to them. Give him a shout.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: January 28, 2008 04:56PM

Ked, I can order you whatever blank you want from GUSA, as I am now a Distributor. I will not have stock in teh Uniteds, but I will stock almost all of the GUSA SaltWater blanks, in several colors (Cobalt, Emerald, Metallic Purple, Ox Blood Red, and I will even have a few in Carnation Pink). Their new series, the Challengers are Saltwater blanks with graphite & fiberglass tips. These have been used in Australia for the past 4 years, and will catch a lot of fish here in the US as more an more builders and fisherman use them. I will stock the 4 models of 4' UniButt blanks, as well as most of the 5'6 - 7 models. Once again, I will have a variety of colors in stock, so there will be no wait on these items. I'm expecting to have my inventory by the time the High Point Show rolls around.

I know you are looking for fly blanks and some FW, I can order those as well for you. You can contact me for more information and I will get you what you need.

Posted by: Marco Antonio (---.cpe.vivax.com.br)
Date: January 28, 2008 05:53PM

Billy,I passed an email for you

Marco Antonio (São Paulo) ( Brasil)

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: January 28, 2008 06:09PM

Anyone else notie that their prices are still very reasonable, in fact, looking at some old catalogs it looks like they went down some.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 07:39PM

I can see the NERB booth banner now - Get Your "Graphite NYC" Blanks Here!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 07:50PM

Spencer - the retail prices have actually gone up a little bit over the past 2 years, after dropping about 20-25% from 2004 to 2005. Not all the retailers have updated their prices to reflect these slight increases, but they are there. Compared with 2004, they are still about 12% lower today than they were then.

Graphite NYC - now that's funny, but I refuse to put GNYC becasue I'll have to don a doctors mask and have a waiting area for husbands if I use that acronym.

The one thing which people have issues with GUSA, is the wait time to get blanks, specifically colored blanks. I'm taking a shot at stocking some of the more popular blanks I deal with in colors, so people can get the blanks within a few days. If thta works out I will expand the blanks I stock to carry more of their line-up, in colors. IT's really tough to have ample stock in 10 different colors and 40 blank models, but I'm gonna do the best that I can.

Posted by: Scott Mohlenbrok (---.area7.spcsdns.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 09:49PM

Okay, new guy alert. Billy I would be VERY interested in the oxblood blanks in many sizes. How do I get in touch with you? Many thanx.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: January 28, 2008 11:21PM

Scott , just Google NERBs and the site should be there.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2008 07:31AM

Scott & anyone else. You can just e-mail me. Right now the basket is not working, and I am unable to accept credit cards. But I'm working on that.

[northeastrodbuilders.com]

The NERBs banner on the left should go live very shortly. Thanks Spencer

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2008 08:03AM

Billy are you stocking mostly saltwater blanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 08:04AM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: January 29, 2008 09:12AM

Steve, right now I am only stocking SW blanks, and the 701, 702, 703, 704 DHX blanks. Once I get a hold on what blanks the FW fishermen are interested in, I will also stock those. IF there is something you would like please e-mail me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster