I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

VisualWEAVE - Weave Design Software
Posted by: David Boyle (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: January 26, 2008 04:53AM

G'day,

I am very happy and excited to announce the imminent release of "VisualWEAVE".

VisualWEAVE is new weaving design software. Don't get it confused with other software currently available, VisualWEAVE is a totally new product by the author of VisualWRAP - Cross Wrap Design Software (that's me, Dave Boyle!)

Some of you may have used Cross-Stitch software to create grid patterns for weaving. Well "cross-stitch software this ain't", however there are many similarities. VisualWEAVE was built from the ground up for rod builders.

VisualWEAVE lets you open image files, create grid patterns, and produce left lists.

Features of VisualWEAVE include:

* Simple or Advanced Grid Sizing *
Tell the software you want a grid of a certain size, or use the inbuilt tools to help you calculate the optimum grid size based on the desired size of the finished wrap and the thread sizes you want to use.

* Auto palette limiting & colour-matching *
Once you import your image and size your grid, VisualWEAVE will automatically populate your grid with the closest colours it can find in the spool palette you nominate. Say you nominate only red, white and blue threads in the palette, then VisualWEAVE will only use those colours as it automatically fills in every grid cell with a colour.

* The Ghost *
Overly a semi-transparent image on top of the grid to see how closely your grid pattern matches the image. You can edit the grid while the Ghost is visible - it is the unltimate grid-editing aid.

* Auto Left List Creation *
At the click of a button you can generate a left list, then print it or save it in a format compatible with other packages (eg word processors or spreadsheets).

There are many other features included in the package. VisualWEAVE was based on requirements gathered from many of the world's finest thread artists. It runs on Windows XP and Vista.

VisualWEAVE is being officially launched at the 2008 Custom Rod Expo. I will be attending and will be demonstrating VisualWEAVE first hand. I will also be demonstrating VisualWRAP for those interested in Cross Wraps. If you attend be sure to visit my booth and say hi, I'd really like to meet many of the names I see on this board and in emails.

You can visit www.visualweave.com for a little more info. I have not had time to put the new website up yet, so the info there is minimal.

VisualWEAVE has been a long time coming, but once you see it I am confident you will agree it has been well worth the wait!

Dave Boyle
[www.visualwrap.com]
[www.visualweave.com]

# # # # # # # # # #

Dealer Info

VisualWEAVE will be on sale during the 2008 Custom Rod Expo.

You can pre-order VisualWEAVE from Mud Hole right now. It will ship just after the show in February. Pre-orders will also be accepted by NERBS.

More dealers are sought. Please email dealer enquiries to myself.

Dave Boyle
[www.visualwrap.com]
[www.visualweave.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VisualWEAVE - Weave Design Software
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 07:50AM

Dave, you have a winner with this program. The wait will be well worth it.

[northeastrodbuilders.com]

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 08:43AM

I noticed a flurry of activity in the weave department lately with books and software. Must be the next big wave of things to come.Without a doubt Dave I know this software will be first rate.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 08:53AM

Fred, it's great to see more and more people moving towards the artistic side of rodbuilding. Dave started the New Millenium Rod Art wave with VisualWrap, Jim Upton built it up with his 360 Wonder Weaver, I added my 2 cents with Decorative Wraps, and now both Jim & Dave are continuing to push the movement even further with Jim's new book, and Dave's new software. I think Doc, Hiro, Mark C, Mike J, Tom K & many others have also greatly contributed to this wave.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 10:24AM

Plaaying with a Beta version and, believe me, it was well worth the wait!!!! Another winner here. This is an awesome tool for anyone interested in weaving. Even I understand it!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 10:49AM

Dave, I'm looking forward to meeting you and VisualWEAVE at the show. Having a firsthand tutorial will be an added bonus.

...lets see now..go to the show...purchase Jim Uptons new book, VisualWeave by David Boyle, and a Renzetti Wonder Weaver...attend Jim Uptons seminar then go shake hands with Doc and Mark, smoke butts with Hiro....sounds like a good plan of attack!!

Then re design and weave the mackeral pattern flaming 3 oz Ballistic pencil popper with treble hooks desintagrating, and body split into 3 sections during re-entry weave thats been on the back burner for three years...lol.

Mike

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 01:27PM

Michael,You forgot some things,a trip to the ATM and the 12 step meeting being held later in the evening. What a bunch of enablers!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.225.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 11:40PM

Pre-order Dave's new software by following the link below or pick it up at the ICRB show.
[shop.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster