I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Whats wrong with me?
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 10:46PM

(sure to get some good responses...lol) I'm at the mall with my son, shopping with the rest of humanity. We take care of some holiday presents....we're pretty much done and he wants to go to Burger King all whinning and stuff mainly due to the new prizes in the kids meals. I see a sign that says "1/2 off on fine jewelry"...so I bee line it over to the jewelry counter and buy some 24K gold chain and sterling silver chain. Great present for my wife?? LOL...figured I'd get some nice Terry Henson style "accents" for any upcoming rod projects I dont have...I now stock silver and gold chain....thats insane!!!!! Gotta blame it on Terry and custom rodbuilding in general. Sorry for the rant.

Stan T. Claws

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats wrong with me?
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 22, 2007 11:03PM

You're ready for a 12 step program, Mike

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 11:10PM

Try getting caught making eyes at your girlfriends amber jewelry....

I am still walking with limp.

Derek L. McMaster
Rohnert Park, CA

Born to Fish, FORCED to Work

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 11:48PM

What ?? No diamonds?

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: December 23, 2007 08:14AM

When you buy the "Queen" a fancy expensive Fleece Jump Suit so you can get the HANGAR it is displayed on to make a Pistol Grip Custom Rod Clamp Rotational Gyro Mounting System that will fit in the powered rod dryer your medication is loosing the power of control. When you get through the line the cashier refuses to let you leave the store with the hangar, you cause a scene, manager arrives, battle escalates and the police end up cuffing you realize that rodbuilding ain't no simple game no mo!

Posted by: Anthony Lee (---.cache.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: December 23, 2007 08:29AM

You guys are funny. Does this happen only at this time of the year? Don't stop anyway.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2007 09:00AM

I guess that fire that got lit at the gathering is burning stronger than ever!!! Just hope the son don`t slip and ask where the pretty necklace you bought for mom is . You may have a whole new situation to get out of Enjoy the holidays!!!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: December 23, 2007 09:20AM

Fred...he cant talk about the necklaces...double sided carpet tape over the mouth took care of that!!!!

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: December 23, 2007 07:50PM

That's good! FUNNY STUFF!!!!

Terry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2007 07:51PM by terry henson.

Date: December 23, 2007 09:39PM

Terry....your stuff is the best. Merry Christmas and thanks for the inspirations.

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.36.207.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: December 24, 2007 12:11AM

About a year ago I bought a bunch of gold and silver chain myself, while with my wife, all because of Terry.

I then had to explain to her that I bought it for me and not her because of Terry.

She wasn't a big fan of Terry.. she was less of a fan of me.

Then she saw Terry's rods. Big fan of Terry. She wanted to know why I didn't build rods as pretty as Terry. Not a big fan of me.

I told her I could now that I had gold and silver chain.

She's still asking me why I can't make pretty rods. Cuz she keeps seeing more stuff from Terry.... and me.

Bought her some gold and silver... A fan of me.

I haven't told her about the bug collection... and ivory......

Merry Xmas folks! Sorry I haven't gotten cards out this year, but you are all in my thoughts! Best to you and yours!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster