I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle Ringlocks Vs. Fuji titanium Sic
Posted by: Jonathan Young (---.imt.uwm.edu)
Date: November 25, 2007 08:34PM

I am just wondering if anyone has done a direct comparison between american tackle's Titan ringlock casting guides and fuji's titanium Sic concept casting guides? I'm particularly interested in the differences in weight and guide strength. thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2007 08:35PM by Jonathan Young.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle Ringlocks Vs. Fuji titanium Sic
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: November 25, 2007 09:16PM

I don't have the direct comparison info you are looking for, but have used a lot of American Tackle's Ring Lock's, and they are great!!! The quality is at least equal to, if not better than Fuji, and they are also offered in colored rings that really set-off a rod. They are verry lite and verry tuff. Hands down American Tackle!!!!!

Marc

Posted by: Jonathan Young (---.imt.uwm.edu)
Date: November 25, 2007 10:25PM

thanks for the reply, I believe the american tackle products are very well made but I am mostly interested in weight between the two companies.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: November 26, 2007 12:47AM

Jonathan,
Since the regular Titans are a bit heavier than the Fuji Ti, I imagine these are also. I think Mo Yang and others have posted some weights on the originals over the last couple years that can be found with a search. The ring lock guides are so new I haven't messed with them, the last few trips to Angler's Workshop they were displaying ringlock designs from all their suppliers.

Posted by: Jerry Griffin (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: November 26, 2007 01:39PM

I have just recieved a set of the Titanium frame AmTac ring locks. They are MUCH lighter than the original Titans, as well as having a shorter length along the blank. They are also much more flexible. I don't have any TLNSG's to compare them to.

Posted by: Chase Foster (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 26, 2007 04:50PM

The Titanium Ringlocks are a thinner gauge, so they are a little lighter than the NIC's. I do not have the weights for the Fujis to compare, but ours are very very light and durable. They have a shorter footprint than the NIC's, which saves even more weight with less thread and epoxy.
They are very strong as well, we have not had any issues and everyone has loved them. Both guides are great, but fortunately ours will not thin out your wallet as much :).

Chase Foster
American Tackle
www.americantackle.us

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2007 09:23AM by Chase Foster.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 26, 2007 08:00PM

I don't have any Batson or Fuji styles at hand but here are the weights for American Tackle Ring Lock guides that I do have:
TiCH gold inner ring
Casting/ Stripping Guide 16 -- 3.2 grams
12 -- 1.6 grams
10 -- 0.7 grams

Single foot fly guides 10 -- 0.7 grams
8 -- 0.4 grams
6 -- 0.3 grams
4 -- 0.2 grams

=======================

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 27, 2007 10:52PM

I'm interested in anything light and low cost....:)

Here's the Fuji Titanium SICs.

TLSG size 6.0 - .12 grams
TLSG size 5.0 - 0.075 grams

Non titanium SICS are still darn light.
LSG 5.0 - .11grams
LSG 4.5 - .09 grams
LSG 4.0 - .05 grams
LSG 3.5 - .04 grams

These are my actual measurements, not just on paper.

Mo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster