I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Custom Tackle Supply
Posted by: Keith Cokely (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 02:04AM

I tried to place an order with CTS back in August. Got no E-Mail confirm and sent them an E-Mail stating this. Got no response from that either. Gave up and ordered my stuff from another sponsor, went on a nice long vacation came back and tried to order from them again. Guess what, no confirm, no reply to my e-mail enquiry AGAIN. I checked and Tennessee is still there including Shelbyville.

I give up.

Keith

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Tackle Supply
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 02:23AM

Are you sure that you are using the right address? E-mail them at customtackle@united.net Bob is one of the quickest responding people I have ever met! He goes out of his way with service. I would have to wonder if your e-mail is getting through to him. Have you tried the phone?? I'm pretty sure they still have those on Shelbyville.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: November 17, 2007 02:49AM

Yep! That’s the E-Mail address I used, (both times). Maybe It's because my order was so small, (only a hundred bucks or so), that it's not worth there time. I will try the phone next Monday if I still haven’t heard back.

Keith

Posted by: eric zamora (---.dsl.frsn01.pacbell.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 03:46AM

i find it odd that you received no response but i also see you've only used email. i always get a response from bob hisself and always very prompt but i limit email for queries/questions and stuff like that. when i order i always call. perhaps your msn domain is being seen as spam and his system is automatically slipping it into the junk mail folder?

as for size of orders, rarely do any of my orders exceed $75 so i'm a small level customer in most cases for any vendor. i would venture to say the size of your order is not a factor. my experience is that companies like custom tackle and many others offer great service for any size order.

either way, i would have called him asap stead of posting to this board. there's no guarantee he would see this thread in a timely manner. the interent is a great thing but email is often a weak link and should be seen as such. good luck on getting this remedied.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Robert Metzger (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 06:38AM

There is no supplier on this planet that is more reliable than Bob. It matters not if you order a spool of thread or a truckload of supplies, this gentleman takes very good care of you. There has to be a problem on your end. Try something reliable like the phone.

Posted by: William Zafirau (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 07:04AM

From my experience, Bob is very reliable BY PHONE, even for small orders. Give him a call. Check your spam folder,too.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 07:05AM

Bob is a outstanding Dealer, While on vacation last year we stopped in and he took time from his work to welcome and talk to us like friends

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 17, 2007 08:28AM

Keith,

Too many of us have dealt with Bob and Scott over the years (in my case, 20+ years) and know that they are among the most attentive and responsive dealers around. Your experience with them is just not typical.

Something is badly amiss if you're having the trouble you say you're having. Pick up the phone and call them. There is always the chance that they've never received any of your emails.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2007 09:05AM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 08:59AM

Keith: Don't wait until Monday he will be working until noon CST on Saturday -

There has been an issue with communicating with Custom Tackle and a lot of others in the past three weeks. I order from Bob approximately three to four times a week and email service broke down from my service provider to the united.net provider. It took me over a week and the assistance of the technical person at united@united.net to get it straight. My provider cox.net wrote some kind of code that "blocked" all messages from getting through. Cox finally sent me a message of apology and promised not to do the blocking any more. Now my emails are blocked from going to wowway.com and Mike Barkley should be quite glad that he is getting no editing comments from me! This is really a nusiance. When I got it all straight with Bob he promised to send me some Kentucky Cash Crop for my trouble. If you are sending emails that are not getting through you should be getting a "blocked"message back through Outlook Express from your service provider".

See Bob I told you there could be others!

Gon Fishn

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2007 09:02AM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 09:34AM

Bill - You are tooooooo funny!

Keith - There is DEFINITELY something wrong on your end. Bob checks his e-mail from home even on Sundays and Holidays. There is NO better to deal with in Shelbyville, Tennessee, the US and even the world ... he is like the Santa of rodbuilding.

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 09:52AM

Keith -- We've had problems with just certain individuals e-mail messages coming thru to us, on and off for the past couple of months or so. Not everyone, just certain ones for some reason. We did not even know this was going on, until recently, when Bill Stevens brought it to our attention. It may have even been occuring longer than we even know about. Until someone actually picks up the phone and calls us or leaves one of these type messages on this message board, we do not even know these type problems exist. We also recieve our web-site orders via e-mail and if your e-mail address is attached to that order, there also may be a problem getting thru to us. Just last week we had to work out a similar problem with Bill Stevens and his e-mail provider. If he had never took the time to call us, we would have never know the problem existed. After several days of working with my service provider and his service provider, the e-mail problems were fixed. I am not saying that there is not a problem, but in order to fix any problem, one must know about it first. I always tell my customers, yes, we may make errors in orders or have problems in some form or fashion, but if you never let us know about these type things we cannot fix them. When something like this occurs, please call us by phone at 931-684-6164. And yes, we do like to hear that we have problems, so we can fix them. Thank You for letting us know about this issue.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2007 09:58AM by Custom Tackle Supply.

Date: November 17, 2007 11:16AM

Tom: I suspect it is his IS provider or it could be on my end as well, maybe both. Having dealt with Bob on a few other occasions,(just a couple months ago actually), I've always been more than happy with his service.

Bob @ CTS: I was on Quest.net the last time I ordered from you but they have since kicked several customers over to the dreaded MSN.com. (Most of ours comes out of Canada) ;>)

The rest of you: Thanks for your response and input.

Posted by: Josh Dinklage (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 12:26PM

I just recently (within the past couple of weeks) set up a wholesale account with Bob at Custom Tackle Supply and my emails were responded to promptly/immediately by his staff and when I spoke to Bob directly (a requirement for new wholesale customers)...well...he is the the finest, most down to earth, open, honest, and caring customer service representative I have ever run across in any business, let alone just the rod building industry. Be careful: complaints on an open forum can hurt the image of any business. Complaints should not be voiced in a public forum unless you are absolutely certain that they are warranted, and then, by all means share with others the issues you faced so other customers may make an informed decision about who to do business with.

Custom Tackle Supply is a very responsive service-oriented company.

Next time you have a communication issue with another human being for any reason, try an alternative mode of communication with them before you assume the worst because the new technologies in the world are not fool proof (email, voicemail, cellphones, texting, the US mail system, telephones, etc). Explain the issues to the company so they can try to fix them if they are on their end.

I have been a customer of at least 10 different rod building supply companies over the past couple of years at both the retail and wholesale levels and most of them have been great - my experience with Custom Tackle Supply so far has been different from all the others - the responsiveness is by far the most personalized I have received.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 12:38PM

Bob you could improve the service you provide in a few areas - just got the titanium/SIC stuff in the "vault" style packaging. If your packaging was downgraded and you finely shreaded the newspaper it would be a lot easier for us old ones to break in to the package, hand roll and light up!

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 12:56PM

First off -- Thanks to all of you for your very kind and considerate comments. Very much "Whole-Heartedly Felt".

Keith -- My computer system that has our customer base on it, is tied up this morning due to maintenance work being perfromed on the system. If I had been able to get to our customer base, I would have looked your phone number and called you, but I can't at this time. I will be leaving for the day shortly, as we only work a half a day on Saturdays. If there is a particular phone number that you would like for me to call you on Monday morning and a particular time to call, I will "Call You", since I have not had a call from you this morning.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 02:32PM

Suppliers that give great service consistently over the long haul need to know we appreciate it. I don't know what the problem was in this case but you can order a single foot guide costing $1.15 or a box of blanks costing thousand of dollars and you will get the same friendly and prompt service. He never forgets a face and calls you by your first name as if you were a long lost friend. Hopefully your glitch can be resolved. Those of us who order online have had similar snafus but the bottom line is that Bob, Hunter and his staff are good people, as are most of the suppliers listed on the left margin on the homepage. Just my 2 cents. David Spence, Beaufort, NC

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 04:35PM

Ordering online in general - Maybe it's just me, but if I'm ordering stuff via teh internet, I usually call teh company first and get a head's up regarding: stuff in stock on items which I know are usually not stocked in high quantities, shipping prices, especially on a 1'sy 2'sy order for a couple of guides, ask if there are any sales, @#$%& and see how teh supplier is doing and gossip a bit, maybe share a "secret I discovered", and sometimes secrets are shared with me. Now the supplier knows my order is coming through, generally what is in teh order, and if something isn't right I know I'll be updated & alerted ASAP.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 17, 2007 04:43PM

Good point, Billy!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: November 17, 2007 08:44PM

Bob. The number you have for me in youre data base should be the correct one. It was after all just a couple of months ago that I purchased some items from you. If I don't hear from you Monday or Tuesday, I will give you a ring Wednesday.

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: November 17, 2007 09:37PM

I have sent appx. 8 emails to CTS requesting a catalog from them over the past year...I always felt if they list an email address they should make dang sure that it is accepting the customers emails as not everyone wants to use the telephone...I always ask them to confirm when I do email and have never had a problem with any of the numerous companys I have ever delt with on this type of matter. When a business relys upon a telephone or internet to remain in business they sure have to make positive that they are BOTH receiving....Bob may be the salt of the earth but his business is only as good as his equiptment to run that business. I do not care to use a telephone any longer to conduct business and I have not had any reason to not use the computor as all but CTS has answered my emails....GO FIGURE

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster