I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERBs Red Sox Gathering
Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: October 29, 2007 12:46PM

To celebreate the Red Sox winning the World Series, Mike Joyce has invited a few of us to his house for a weekend of rodbuilding and drinking and praising Manny Rameriz. Mike has even gone so far as inviting someone who knows his decades long pain waiting for his team to win a World Series, Chicago Cub fan Al Ciner, who wil be spending the weekend deciphering words such as "Wicked", and "New Yawka".

This will be the last NERBs gathering of 2007, we're looking to get a few early in 2008 in NY & NJ, as well as having a booth at the Show in High Poiont in February.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERBs Red Sox Gathering
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 01:18PM

Not only that, you may have to teach him to "warsh his hands" lol. Congrats on the World Series and have fun with the get together.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: October 29, 2007 01:40PM

Maybe he`ll bring a guitar!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Mike Andreasen (69.241.124.---)
Date: October 29, 2007 01:56PM

No excuses. Boston was definitely the better team. Perhaps if my Rockies hadn’t had the long layoff before the World Series they would have offered up a better challenge. Likely the Red Sox would have still won the Series though. Congrats to them and congrats to my Rockies for making it farther than ever before. Hopefully the experience will allow them to move forward in the future.

However……… since hockey is a MUCH more exciting and manly sport :) ………. that’s a much more important topic! Perhaps the Bruins and Avalanche will meet in the Cup in the near future and my Avs can repay the Bruins twofold!

I’m still looking far and wide for some dark red/maroon EVA to use for my Avalanche rod build. If anyone can point me to some I’d sure appreciate it…………
(the stuff Merrick offers isn’t dark enough)

Date: October 29, 2007 02:15PM

I think Mudhole might have some of that color. I know I have a strip, which is about the same color as 337 Gudebrod thread. With EVA, you aren't gonna find an exact match, so close enough will have to do.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 02:31PM

YESSSSSSS!!!!! (with fist pumping motion) Sorry 'bout your Rockies Mike..eight day lay off turned them into a double A team, LOL. You gotta loose the white towels too......Bruins? dont see that happening. Celtics are looking real nasty with the like of Peirce, Allen, Garnet. Hughes and even "Big Baby from LSU (Bill Stevens...he lost 40 lbs this summer...no gumbo up here!!!!) Patriots???? Not only do they cheat, they look really really really good doing it !!!!!

Billy..looking forward to this gathering . Be picking up the poor Cubs Fan at noon friday...should be driving under Fenways left field wall by 12:30. Cant wait to hang out with all you guys again, and meet the ones I haven't met. Should be a good time. Should be lots of blanks, finish, CP, threads and more to mess around with. Manny Ramirez???....one word, JacobyEllsburyJustinPedroia!!!!!!!

MJ

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Date: October 29, 2007 03:18PM

I'm gonna have 18 GUSA blanks, and abotu 20 rods, reel seats, cork, Fuji Japan components, a sleeping bag. I can't wait.

We might need a mini keg for Saturday night. I spoke with Mike McG....he's looking forward to partying in someone else's state...adn paying you back for partying in his house in 2004.

DEmo's planned - GRip inlays, segmented EVA grips, GRip Tatoo's, EVA Banding, CP testing, trim band's by Al C, rating blanks with Stan, how to make the perfect Chocolate Cheesecake with Sean E, and how to drop off Nachos adn scurry out to watch our kids play football & soccer with Bill O'C.

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 04:16PM

man i was hoping the rockies would have won it but during that first game i was thinking they lost! they went through like 6 pitchers in the first game i figured they would have at least won one game......only problem with baseball other than the announcers are dull is they need to have a salary cap to give the broke teams a chance haha

sounds like this little get together is going to be fun

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 05:24PM

Did you say keg??? Forget the cheesecake, I will bring a bottle of Three Olives Grape Vodka to wash down the beer!!! They are still playing baseball?? Did watch the race yesterday, how about that Team Hendrick!!! Looking forward to this gathering!!

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Date: October 29, 2007 05:29PM

Looking forward to seeing the "Tattooed King of BlueFades 'n Shoes" aka "McG" again ...been awhile. I'll call Mike at Xtreme Custom to see if he can make it too...call it a reunion of sorts.

I'll be doing a very intense triple flocking demo with results somewhere between a "flip flop" paint job on a '68 Corvette and a Tiger Wrap(sshhhhh!!!)... a late night wine glass guide wrapping demo...and ghetto fabulous winding check options.

We'll take pictures.

I wished the Rockies won at least 2 or 3 so that the season ticket holders with blue blood could see them win it all at home.

M J acoby

Date: October 29, 2007 05:42PM

Seane..if you dont bring a teh cheesecake, a pound of sugar will do just fine. Bring some rods up, some flouresant threads and hang till sunday if you can.

Where's John Dow????

Mikelowell Joyce

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 06:06PM

I will be there, Mike, with cheesecake, rods, and bright threads!!

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Date: October 29, 2007 07:05PM

....best NERBS gathering ever.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2007 08:51PM

Definitely will be the event which has drawn people from the widest area. From South NJ, to Maine, to Chicago. Hopefully your new shop has enough space to fit 46 people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster