I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The best ice fishing rod ever built some may think!
Posted by: Wylie Wiggins (---.ca.us.prserv.net)
Date: September 21, 2002 06:27PM

Hello to all,
I have written this in order to ask you all what you would think of an illuminated ice fishing rod with an illuminated bite indication. This illumination of this rod would be constantly on while the rod was turned on and the light would move when the line was moved. This illumination of this ice fishing rod would be visible at dusk or just before and increase in intensity as the light from the sun dissipated. The bite indication sensitivity of this rod would be so sensitive that if you were to hold this rod in your hand while fishing you would not be able to hold it still enough for this bite indicating movement of the light inside the rod to not show the movement of your hand no matter how hard you tried. But this bite indication would allow for the intensity of the bite to be shown by the movement of the light inside the ice fishing rod. I mean ultra sensitive bite indication like nothing that has been built ever before for ice night fishing. This rod will use batteries and two AAA type batteries will keep this ice rod illuminated for over 48 hours continuously if left in the on position. The bottom line would be the price of this rod. Would you feel as though this type of rod would sell in large numbers and would sell large numbers for a retail cost of $20.00 to $25.00 dollars?
I am really interested in input on this subject because I can make this happen and would love to do it.
I have mentioned ice fishing rods on this forum before but this would have been in reference to a different type of ice fishing rod.

I thank you for your time and any information you would be able to supply,

Wylie Wiggins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The best ice fishing rod ever built some may think!
Posted by: Patrick Olson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 21, 2002 10:24PM

Wylie,
Hey! Patrick here again. That ice rod would be huge!!! I know it would be one hot item in the frozen north. Is there any way you could incoroprate watch or hearring aid batteries instead of triple A's. taht would sure lighten the rod up. Most icefisherman I know don't stay on the ice no loger than 7 to 10 hours. It's just too cold. Good Luck! Patrick

Posted by: Ron Walter (---.edgerton.k12.wi.us)
Date: September 23, 2002 09:31AM

Wylie,

Sounds like a winner! Often fish in the winter bite extremely light, especially after a cold front. Making the inside of the shack dark during the day would make this sensitive rod super for seeing the light bites. I agree with using lighter batteries. Also be sure to check battery life in sub-zero weather. Usually batteries don't last long in the cold.
Ron

Posted by: Rob savino (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: September 23, 2002 08:31PM

I think it sounds great...maybe in order to maintain a long battery life, the light can be out then blink on when a bite happens. The "light on" time can have a variable delay that can be set by the fisherman. So that he can see the bite.
Rob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster