I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

drop shot ?
Posted by: Doug Blacklock (12.108.70.---)
Date: October 25, 2007 10:08PM

what blanks are they using for drop shotting, any advice is welcomed. maybe what im asking is what actions, tip speeds etc.
GOD BLESS
doug

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: drop shot ?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: October 25, 2007 10:16PM

We need to know line and lure size and weight to recommend a blank. Light line fishing or the newly developing heavier technigues take two different blanks.

Date: October 25, 2007 10:18PM

finess fishing

Date: October 25, 2007 10:27PM

St Croix 3, 4 or 5C69MLXF in whichever blank you like the price of.

Date: October 25, 2007 10:34PM

im not familier wit those blanks im gonna assume thats a med light extra fast, is there any specific reason they are using that type blank. are there any tiger fans watching, if you are see you tomorrow

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 25, 2007 10:46PM

I have built several drop shot rods from different blanks. Hands down the best blank I've used to date for drop shot rods are the
Batson RX8+ 822.5’s
Good back bone light tip to support wiggling the drop bait with out moving it from were you want it. The blank is incredibly sensitive

Posted by: Bill Pulk-Midwest rod and reel (64.122.91.---)
Date: October 26, 2007 03:21AM

RX7 822.5 will work well also.
Check us out at Midwest Rod and Reel.
We have a good sale going on right now for a few more days.
25%off MSRP and free shipping on all items list on the web-site.
W we have the RX8+ and the RX7 in model 822.5

Bill@midwestrodandreel.com
www.midwestrodandreel.com

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2007 06:40AM

Doug , if you want top of the line the RX8+ is the way to go , but if you want something in a lower price range look at the ISB series , the ISB 802.75 and ISB 822.5 are by far the best sellers in that series for us .

Robert

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2007 08:07PM

I have built several on the Rogue drop shot blank and have been well pleased with the results.

Take care
REW

Date: October 26, 2007 09:23PM

Doug,
The dropshot finesse techniques needs a soft tipped rod so that the shaking presentation your doing moves the lure, but not the sinker which is on the bottom. Than you need a light powered rod that goes into the backbone quickly so you don't pull out the small hooks used but at the same time get the hook in the fish and can control him.

Posted by: Andrew White (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: October 26, 2007 09:24PM

St. Croix 3C69MLXF. It also works great as a shakey head rod.

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 28, 2007 12:01PM

I agree with Robert & Ray, Rainshadow has one of the best blanks I've found for dropshotting, the ISB 822.5 is perfect. I've built several of these and fish with them too. I used mine on saturday and caught fish in 30 and 40 feet of water, very sensitive feel, I built mine with Texalium handle material from Lamiglas. The guys that have bought these rods say its there favorite rod to fish. Cant go wrong for the price.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster