I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CHEAP! CHEAPE! AND CHEAPEST!!!!
Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: October 09, 2007 03:58PM

Just received my copy of Rodmaker here at the shop and had to drop everything and check it out. Was having a good time reading the "Letters To The Editor" when I came upon the one from Ben Kotula from Florida. I could'nt believe that someone could have so little self respect to write a letter such as he did to be published in a magazine. Tom and I see very little eye to eye but I sure have to admire his answer to what has to be one of the cheapist persons I've ever heard of. Ben, if you are going to be dumb, you gotta be tough. Jesse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CHEAP! CHEAPE! AND CHEAPEST!!!!
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 09, 2007 04:06PM

Jesse after that post how do you expect me to get any sleep until I get my Rodmaker! For the J Man and the K Man to be on the SAME side the other side must be a BIG LOOSER!

Dem Purdy New Bones Walking Roun - Check Is Mailed - Thanks

Con Fishn

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 09, 2007 06:06PM

you arent kidding bill! i was already excited(as i am always before my mag gets here haha) but now im evening more ready to get it to see this letter...

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 09, 2007 06:36PM

Anyone in business of any kind will eventually have to deal with this type of mindset. Luckily that type of mindset only accounts for perhaps 1% or 2% of the total, so it's not that bad.

Posted by: Ray Cover (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
Date: October 09, 2007 07:27PM

I just checked the mailbox. Mine aint there yet. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait. Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray

Posted by: steve clark (---.cstel.net)
Date: October 09, 2007 08:31PM

Yeah . . . what became of the mailman that delivered in the gloom of night . . . ( neither sleet, nor snow, nor . . . )

– smc –

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2007 08:38PM

I got mine today. I'm gonna go read the letter right now.
I would tell you what it says, but that would ruin the suspence

Posted by: Simon Oakley (---.sydney.spin.net.au)
Date: October 10, 2007 01:13AM

It could be worse Bill. You could like in Australia we are over 2 months behind you. I had to laugh at a letter to the Editor a couple of issues back that said something like this. 'Dear Tom Please refund me subsciption in full all I wanted to know is how to build a basic fishing rod not a Rocket Ship. You just cant please some people
Simon

Date: October 10, 2007 08:13AM

Tom;
If you want to send him a copy to read, I will pay for the cost and postage.

To quote one of the other letters, being "just plain stupid or one heck of a nice and helpful guy". I'd be glad to support part of his education

Date: October 10, 2007 09:11AM

I think he paid you a compliment.

The magazine is due to most readers around October 28th.

Date: October 10, 2007 10:38AM

I took it as a compliment.

I was just offering to help the gentleman in the other letter. I’m still offering.
I think he needs to see your answer.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: October 10, 2007 11:23AM

HAVE THESE GUYS EVER MADE A POST ON THIS SITE
GOOD WRAPS BOB

Date: October 10, 2007 11:38AM

I'd have to do a search to see if they've ever posted. But even if they haven't, they probably view this site every day. Remember, we have over 110,000 individual users who look in on this board each month. Over 7000 registered users. So only a fraction (a few hundred) post on a regular basis.

Aside from that, the magazine and this website are, for the most part, two entirely different demographics.

Date: October 10, 2007 01:02PM

Tom you are so right! Builders who need help come here. Advanced builders use the mag. to help advance their knowledge. Not to say even old builders get a perspective and share what they know here. Both are a great resources. I wish you had a spell checker here LOL. My spelling must have improved, Emory has not picked on my spelling lately
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: mike harris (63.117.196.---)
Date: October 10, 2007 01:51PM

Cut and past from Word. That’s the only way I ever post to any forum.

Date: October 10, 2007 02:34PM

Mike I was judding about spell check. At one time I was known as the worst sprll on this site. 2 rod builders by the name of Emory Harry and Randy Purpart (AKA Putter ) Used to give me a bad time about my spelling. They were just kidding. I think Billy V took my place :))
Good Wraps Bob

Date: October 10, 2007 03:19PM

Bob,

There is quite a bit more involved in marketing than you might realize. It has to do with those who are proven as willing to pay for information and those will not, or at least are not nearly as eager to do so. Companies separate these into two groups when considering where to target their advertising and marketing efforts.

Cabelas will pay for the RodMaker mailing list. They wouldn't give a me dime for any list I might compile from this site (or any other forum).

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 10, 2007 09:53PM

I've spoted a few box turtles in my yard but still no new Rodmaker issue. How long does it take for a turtle to make 145 miles from High Point to Flat Rock? Maybe it is a race between a tortoise and a snai! A rabbit would have mad it two days ago.

Ed Smith

Date: October 11, 2007 08:00AM

About 30 days is normal and customary.

Posted by: mike harris (63.117.196.---)
Date: October 11, 2007 08:42AM

Got mine yesterday so yours should be just around the corner.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster