I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

batson rx8 rx8+
Posted by: Philip Price (---.cable.ubr05.knor.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: October 03, 2007 09:08AM

What is the main difference in performance between the Batson rx8 and rx8+ fly rod blank.
google search suggests its the same blank but one is made in the far east and the other in USA? Is this correct.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: batson rx8 rx8+
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 09:30AM

I don't have an answer but you will get a lot more info by doing a search on this site than you will on Google. Click on SEARCH in the red bar at top of message lisy Select ALL DATES

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 03, 2007 10:01AM

The RX8+ has a higher grade graphite and graphite scrim. The RX8 are 54 mil graphite with the high grade, lightest fiberglass scrim.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: October 03, 2007 10:15AM

The + is made in the USA

DR

Posted by: Galen Briese (134.129.79.---)
Date: October 03, 2007 03:12PM

Like Duane said the + means the blank is made in the USA. It does not denote anything else that I am aware of ! If you are wondering if any changes were made in the materials, email them on the website to the left!! GB

Posted by: Bob Riggins (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 03:34PM

I can't give you a technical answer although I understand only the RX7+ and RX8+ are built in the USA. I have a 6wt rod I built on an RX8 blank and an 8wt rod I built on an RX8+ blank. While this is not direct comparisons, I can give you my perceptions as to the difference in these two.

The RX8 is a fast action rod with a nice feel. Not stiff but definately a firm feel. The RX8+ is also a fast action rod, but (at least to me) has an unusual feel. It is not a stiff as the RX8, in fact it feels like more of a midflex rod. But it will shoot some major line. I don't know if it is just my particular blank, but my RX8+ 8wt has a slimmer tip than the RX8 6wt. Its almost scary its so slim. I'm afraid I will break it off every time I try to land a larger fish.

For what its worth, I also have an RX7+ 4wt, that is the best looking blank I have ever seen. It also casts like a dream.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 03:36PM by Bob Riggins.

Posted by: Mark J. Mire (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 04:28PM

It would be nice to hear a detailed explanation from Bill Batson!

Especially the difference in quality control.

P.S. I know some of you will say e-mail him directly...blah, blah, blah, and I have no doubt he would respond. But on this forum many would benefit hearing this response.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 06:07PM

Any Batson blank that has the "+" designation is manufactured in the US by one of the major manufacturers FOR them. They are high quality blanks and the factory that produces them has state-of-the-art equipment, engineering, etc. - the same equipment produces their own high end line of very reputable product.

Posted by: Philip Price (---.nhs.uk)
Date: October 03, 2007 06:14PM

Who retails the rx8s as I would like to buy one before going for a bulk order.
tight lines
Phil

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 06:32PM

Go to the Batson website at ... [www.batsonenterprises.com]
There is a distributor page that will show you the entire world and ALL the choices.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: October 03, 2007 07:23PM

The RX8+ and the RX7+ are made in the USA for us under our specific specifications. Made by one of the top manufacturers in the World.

RX8+ has a carbon fiber scrim.
RX7+ has a light fiber glass scrim.

RX8+ has what we call a "Fast action with feel".

These both (RX8+ & RX7+) also have the slim ferrel design for smooth power transfer between sections.

the NEW RX8 has a light fiber glass Scrim. This is made to our specific specifications in our off shore factory. This has what we call the "RifleFast action" excellent for those windy days & long casting situations. When in the development of these blanks we were looking for something that we could compare to the old made in USA RXF series that were so popular. We have sold more of these blanks than we had expected =, another winner for everyone.

There is no difference in the quality controll. All Batson Products go through a strict 6 step inspection process. We take great pride in being the #1 distributor of Rod Blanks (under one label > Batson Enterprises) in the USA.
We have already started over 50 new models for the upcoming tackle year (July 1 2008) to be realeased in our new 120 plus page color catalog.

Please feel free to contact us directly if anyone of you have questions. We are all rodbuilders & passionate fisherman here to support the ART/Industry of rodbuilding. US family owned and operated..

Thank you for the interest and support of our QUALITY products.

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
www.batsonenterprises.com
batson@batsonenterprises.com
877-875-2381

Posted by: Jim Williams (98.132.124.---)
Date: October 04, 2007 12:21AM

Seems like I gleen form the above....the RX8 is a fast rod...and the RX8+ is a SUPER FAST rod... No?

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: October 04, 2007 10:06AM

The RX8 has a "Faster action" than the RX8+. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Thank you
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
877-875-2381
www.batsonenterprises.com
batson@batsonenterprises.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster