I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alternatives for decals
Posted by: Scott Youschak (---.96-97.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 01, 2007 10:49PM

Is there an alternative for decals besides Decal Connection?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 01:17PM by Scott Youschak.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alternatives for decals
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.southslope.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 10:58PM

I have had some delays in deliveries, but that was due to the Postal Service. They have been very helpfull in correcting that. Outstanding customer service.

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 11:45PM

I've always had great customer service from Decal Connection. Just because no one is praising them about their customer service every tenth post dosen't mean that their service went down the drain. Would you quit buying from Mudhole or Custom Tackle or any other board sponsor because you don't see any great reviews or high praises about any of them ?

Date: October 02, 2007 12:08AM

Lance I wouldn't base my decision on praise from this forum. My latest experience caused me to look for someone else. Like I said I've always had great service from them, the last time though, they didn't come through for me like I thought they would and now I would like to go with someone else. .

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: October 02, 2007 01:00AM

There was another outfit at the last Show right next to us on the "table line" but I can't come up with their info just now because I'm in Delaware and the info is at home. I'll have it for you at the end of the week, if you still want it then. Or maybe Tom can remember them for you off the top of his head - - -

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 02, 2007 01:05AM

Still getting outstanding. quick service from them!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Scott Parsons (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 02, 2007 06:20AM

Great Service here also!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2007 08:59AM

Decal Connection just recently purchased another business (Bil-Mar) and may be a little short handed at the moment.

If you're not going to base buying decisions on praise from this forum, then also wouldn't want to base buying decisions on criticism from this forum. This is why I don't place a lot of stock in either.

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: October 02, 2007 09:46AM

Russ, thanks for awnsering my original question, I'd appreciate the name if you can find it when you get home.

Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.fsepg.com)
Date: October 02, 2007 10:55AM

If your intention was just to find another supplier of decals, then all you needed to do in your original post was ask that. The other statements in your post were not really needed to find another supplier. As for myself, I have had nothing but great service from Decal Connection. They even have called me up directly to make sure I am getting exactly what I have asked for.

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: October 02, 2007 01:16PM

Mike, you are probably right. I originally posted after getting an earful from my customer wanting his rod.

The thing about it is Decal Connection made my decal just how I wanted it, the only problem is that you can't read the words at the bottom of the decal. No problem, I even offered a solution to change the font so it might read more clear and they won't respond to me. Mike, your last sentence pretty much is what I expected but didn't get. Handling it this way was probably not right, it was just done out of frustration. I'll edit it for political correctness.

Posted by: Brent Keever (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 02, 2007 01:18PM

I actually got a phone call from this morning telling me I didnt actually need some of the things I ordered. Saved me money they didnt have to do that all they had to do was send what I ordered. It is actually my first time ordering decals and will order from them in the future.

Brent Keever
Building friendships through custom rods

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 02, 2007 02:38PM

I understand that Decal Connection management closed the business for a couple of days to participate in a funeral for a member of the armed services in Washington, D. C. When I discovered what caused the short delay receiving name decals for fishing rods became rather insignificant.

On the technical side of the issue I have never had Decal Connection NOT to ask me clearly what style and size of each font was to be on a decal. If you specified the wrong point size you should not expect them to make it right. There are two places on the Decal Connection that you will get immediate action. Orders will get you to Deb and the group who prints decals - and Technical will take you to Jimi Ellis who has never nevrr failed to respond promptly to any request I have ever made pertaining to set up of specials and size and style of fonts.

If you are getting poor service from Technical just send Jimi an email and tell him Flatt and Scruggs are in your shop and he will show up in a couple of hours!

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Dave Hauser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 02, 2007 06:30PM

Scott,,, you can always print your own. I've been playing with inkjet waterslide paper. Best sealer I've tried for sealing the surface after printing is Krylon Workable Fixatif.
If you notice the photos I posted for the rod I gave to my favorite deckhand, the name and title are just acrylic paint hand lettering on waterslide paper. No sealer required going that route.
Anyway, it's an option.

Date: October 02, 2007 09:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster