I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sure glad my rod floats!
Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: September 30, 2007 05:14PM

While Salmon fishing with my brother this past week, he managed to snag someone's line from the other side of the bank. We were in my boat so I stuck my newly built Batson XST1263 with Fuji SIC titanium guides and a Daiwa Luna casting reel into the rod holder behind me. After untangling the two lines I turned back for my rod and it was gone! I yelled downstream for people to look for a rod heading their way. I pulled anchor and headed downstream thinking I might spot it laying in the shallows next to the bank on the side we were at. When I got downstrream a guide in a drift boat help it up and asked if this is what I was looking for? Whew! All I could think of was about $500 floating out of my life. Good thing I had about 21" of cork on it or it would probably still be at the bottom of the river!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sure glad my rod floats!
Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: September 30, 2007 07:08PM

YEA ....Tim...The only thing I could think of better than all this that transpired is that after the kindly guide handed you your rod there was a salmon on the end of the line. Always like hearing happy ending stories.

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: Dave Hauser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 10:44AM

Tim,,, there's a reason for all those cable clips you see on well used rod holders. I think you just figured out what it is. I rarely use a rod holder, but when I do a cable gets cllpped to or around the reel. I hit the party boats about 15 times a year, and at least once a year someone loses their rig by having it pop out of the holder. At least. Next most common loss I've seen is losing the rod while fumbling around trying to get a loaded rod out of a holder.

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 12:27PM

man thats crazy! at least you put a bobber on your rod!

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 03:27PM

The only thing that would make that story better would be on your next cast you landed a Big Chromer!

Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2007 04:44PM

Well Karry, there is more to the story. Just before I lost my rod, I had my first fair hooked Salmon and I was ready to find out just how good your XST1263 blank really is. I told my brother to take his rod out of his rod holder to get it out of my way and when he did, he managed to wrap his line, lead weight, and hook around my tip section about 6 times. Needless to say I lost my Salmon before he could get it untangled - but that is really a great blank!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster