I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Flex Coat
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 20, 2007 09:05AM

Many of you have missed seeing Roger Seiders and John Anderson from Flex Coat at the past couple of ICRBE events. They will be back at the 2008 event, however, and I may even try to get Roger to present a seminar. Few people have been as inventive as he has when it comes to developing new rod building tools.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flex Coat
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 09:38AM

Please assign Roger's time in a "single" seminar slot - there will be a lot of empty seats in the other room. I have attended his presentations and they are worth the price of air travel, hotel, food and show entry fees. You should assign him a personal guard to keep him off of bicycles between now and the show!

John, tell him I am still looking for a small bottle containing 100 pieces of the high temperature tip top adhesive about three inches in length with a diameter of 4.5 to 5 sixty-fourths. Tell him I will pay cash and not quibble with his "fair pricing".

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 09:44AM

This is the level of talent that you find only at the ICRBE!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 20, 2007 10:03AM

Super!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: September 20, 2007 12:14PM

I'm looking forward to see what all the hype is about, seems a lot of people put Roger on the level of God. I once sent an e-mail to Flex Coat about contradictory statements regarding thinning epoxy from the FC site and this one. I believe it was John Anderson that replied in a tone that I could tell he was offended . I wondered how one could be offended by a question about thinning epoxy and explained that I was just trying to find out whether or not I can thin epoxy. In his reply he apologized and stated something along the lines of "the instructions on the FC site were derived from the way Roger does things and that he (John) has a great deal of respect for Roger and his methods and is offended when people disagree with these methods". I thought it was a bit weird but after a few posts on here about Roger and how great he is, I am looking forward to meeting him despite never talking to him and the only experience with him that I have is that he thins epoxy even though the vast majority of builders and his manufacturer advise against it.

This post is not intended to start a debate on thinning Flex Coat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 02:58PM by Scott Youschak.

Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 01:09PM

What is the "F C SITE" ? Jesse

Posted by: Mel Shimizu (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 01:29PM

Look to the left and click on Flex Coat Co.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: September 20, 2007 02:09PM

You may need to block out 2 hrs for him.We`ll have to get him in the bar Saturday night to pick his brain on thinnig epoxy!!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: September 20, 2007 02:50PM

Roger Different Than Most?

Most rodbuilders do not:

have the ability to see things in reverse and to build backwards things to speed up production work -

make little gizmos that allow stopping a rod spinning at 200 rpm with the touch of a finger -

makes jigs to allow rod builders to save money on making tools they sell -

don't waste their time typing on the internet -

builds a fishing boat that flys at 60 mph on dirt -

build machines that allow rods to be perfectly finished in less than 10 seconds -

provide finish products for millions of rods yearly -

designed, constructed and installed many of the worlds large dryer drum systems -

have the comnon sense to replace tape with a fast and secure piece of foam -

Goes to work and keeps up with everything -

Enjoys and makes good use of his time here -

makes you feel special when you talk to him -

get their greatest pleasure from using regular old sandpaper on a fine piece of cork!

Yep he is different!

You will be able to tell the time he spends with you is also important to him!

Spend a few moments with him and you will treasure the opportunity.

No pretense just down home sincere good folks!

Fred not completely sure but I doubt you will meet up with him in the bar.

Gon Fishn

Date: September 20, 2007 03:12PM

Why would you need a fishing boat on dirt?

Date: September 20, 2007 03:25PM

Scott if you were from Texas and had dreams of catching a 14# speckled trout from your boat no telling where the poor thing would be asked to go. Have your ever been in the flats, stuck in the mud and waiting for the tide to come in where you could move. If anybody can beat the system Roger will figure out a way! As you can tell from the following link I would have a hard time dealing with complex thoughts - I had a hard time parking when I got back to the landing!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 03:28PM by Bill Stevens.

Date: September 20, 2007 03:46PM

LOL, if you could only convince him to build a boat that does 60 MPH on the dirt UPSIDE DOWN you'd be in business.

BTW is Venice nearly rebuilt from Katrina? It's one place that I've always wanted to do a yellowfin/swordfish trip before everyone figures out about that fishery.

Posted by: Bruce Vetre (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 04:27PM

Roger is one of the nicest, most sincere, non-egotistical guys you will ever meet. He seems to have great joy in sharing his knowledge

Date: September 20, 2007 05:04PM

Is this similar to his design?

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster