I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Blank Design-Karry Batson
Posted by: Jim Williams (98.132.112.---)
Date: September 19, 2007 11:00AM

Batson Enterprises,
I could have e-mailed this thought as you so thoughtfully provided all the info on the RX-8 issue thread. But I wanted others to see this thought in case they already know where to get such a rod blank.

Since the thread said you "design" blanks I would like to know if you have an extremely long light weight blank for dappling or drift nymph fishing. I am talking something 12' or even much longer. Not for casting at all but stream/lake fishing where I can sneak up on a stream and hold the line out and fish without spooking the fish. Also so that I can get a natural drift farther out in the stream. I would think such a blank would be difficult to design, strong enough but light weight. I sure would like to have one though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blank Design-Karry Batson
Posted by: mark crouse (66.118.91.---)
Date: September 19, 2007 11:48AM

Hi Jim
I have the blanks you are looking for, check my Web-site for Harrison and MSC blanks.
Best Regards Mark Crouse - the Munich Rod Man
www.munichrodmansrodshop.com or on the left The Rod Shop

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: September 19, 2007 12:04PM

You mean something like the IST 1562 F Rainshadow blank in the salmon/steelhead section?

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: September 19, 2007 12:36PM

IST1562 will fit the bill..

Date: September 19, 2007 12:41PM

BTW blank designer Im not I leave that up to Mike Thorson. Reasearch and development, well at least 120 days a year! I am working on 200 days on the water this year though:) I love my Job!!

Posted by: Jim Williams (98.132.102.---)
Date: September 19, 2007 01:04PM

Yup......(that's poooo-eee backwards) I have backwards dsxylxia?

Mark, Spencer and Karry, you all have got it right. Thanks for the great info.

'tis either the IST1562F which is 13' and weighs 4.37 oz

or the IST1382F which is 11'-6" and weighs a mere 2.18 oz

or the Munich Tusk Match 13' which weighs 3.7 oz

I am not familiar with rod weight in oz's. So not sure what is too heavy.

I really know about the last one though. Listed as Matte clear "casting weight-match application" I don't know what that means, therefore what the rod is like or designed for. But the next sentence fits the bill. Light drift fishing. Very light for it's length.

Thank you all very much.

Date: September 19, 2007 02:31PM

The 1382 is a noodle rod and I doubt you want that type of action its very slow.. The IST1384 is more like the IST1562 in action mod fast.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 08:07AM

Karry are you saying you are a feild tester. What kind of excuse is that to get out and fish. Just because you live in some of Washinton States prime fishing areas. You have the Pacific Ocean, the Straights, Plus the O;ympic Mt rivers.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: September 20, 2007 08:50AM

It is no longer called field testing. They now call it Product Developement and Product Evaluation!!

Bob McK -- Custom Tackle Supply

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster