I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Blank through soft touch?
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: September 17, 2007 07:17PM

I've used a few of the casting trigger Fuji "Soft Touch" reel seats with non slip hood and body. These are quite nice reel seats, a bit pricey, but very nice.

Is this seat made in a blank through model? Are any "soft touch" casting seats made in blank through?

DR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blank through soft touch?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: September 17, 2007 07:54PM

Duane,
The Rainshadow textured seats aren't quite as nice as the Fuji. I'd say they split the difference between the feel of the standard seat and the soft touch. They are blank thru and they are priced right.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: September 17, 2007 07:57PM

Fuji doesn't sell one in the US, although they may manufacture one for distribution elsewhere.

American Tackle has a comfort finish exposed reel seat ... it is different than the Fuji, but you should be the judge of whether it will work for you. They are inexpensive, so buy one and check it out.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: September 17, 2007 09:14PM

Duane; Have you looked at the new Fuji ACS Trigger reel seat?

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: September 17, 2007 09:35PM

If you use the Rainshadow or Amtak be sure to get one that properly fits. Reaming tends to break the seal of the coating at the window edge when reamed.

Date: September 18, 2007 01:34AM

Jim Upton, I have not, but I will, tell me what you like about them.

Thanks Bill.....thats probably the 1st thing I'd do-ruin it! LOL Since I chop all my seats, I'm guessing that the Baston won't work for me.

Jim Gamble I will have a look at one for sure, I didn't know they offered one. Is it cutable without peeling?

Spencer I have one of the Bastons, but it's not a blank through, I didn't know they made one, but it sounds like one I can't use.

I wasn't too impressed with the Baston soft touch, like mentioned it's a meld between a Fuji and a cheap standard. I really wasn't fond of it. The Fuji however is one sweet seat, I do wish they were made in blank through, it would be a near perfect trigger seat. HINT HINT Fuji !!!!!

DR

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2007 06:58AM

Duane -

I use Fuji seats exclusively.

Jim -

Posted by: Chase Foster (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2007 09:20AM

Duane -
If you haven't seen or tried the American Tackle Comfort Finish Exposed seats, I would recommend them. Very comfortable and Durable finish that will last.

Chase Foster
American Tackle
www.americantackle.us

Posted by: Josh Dinklage (---.crarc.org)
Date: September 18, 2007 12:22PM

Flock a Fuji ECSM except for the threads and where the reel foot will go. That would be the best soft touch reel seat out there.

Posted by: stan mclean (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: September 19, 2007 12:05AM

I cut up a regular fuji soft touch and it didn't peel, I was afraid it would, but the dremel didn't hurt it. [www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: September 19, 2007 04:13PM

Can you get the Fuji ACS reel seats? I haven't seen them. Maybe I missed them.

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: September 19, 2007 04:33PM

The new Fuji ACS seats will be in the U.S., anytime now. We are already accepting orders for them, as these "New" seats are going to be the hottest selling seats to come along in some time. I already have quite a back log of orders to fill, once they arrive.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Date: September 19, 2007 08:52PM

Bob,

Let me know when they come in, I'll add to your order list.

DR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster