I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Unsoliticed email offer
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 26, 2007 09:15AM

Many of you who are listed in the online directory here on this site have probably received an unsolicited offer for rod components in the past 24 hours. The directory is not supposed to be used for that purpose and I have contacted the guilty party and asked them to stop.

I do want to let everyone know that this party has not been able to collect your email address from the directory, however, as I have it set up to send email only by blind proxy - your email address is neither shown nor available to those who email you via the directory. Only when you respond would the sender have access to your email address. So don't be worried that your email address has been lifted from the directory for further use - that sort of thing is just not possible.

Thankfully this sort of thing is rare and hopefully the party in question now understands that his actions were not appreciated by a large number of you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unsoliticed email offer
Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: August 26, 2007 09:50AM

Spammers - I don't do business with them.

Lou

Posted by: Fred Halfheimers (---.milwpc.com)
Date: August 26, 2007 03:29PM

Tom all anyone has to do is click on any poster's name and if his email address is not hidden, there it is for anyone to copy.

Date: August 26, 2007 03:34PM

Not in the directory. It does not show anyone's email address.

Here you have the option of either showing your address or not.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 26, 2007 04:25PM

As far as showing your e-mail address in your profile, I have always shown it and rarely get any spam and do NOT use any type of spam blocker or popup blocker.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 26, 2007 04:41PM

i dont get any spam either...if you are worried about spam make a gmail.com account and use that as your email address specifically for this forum

that way if you get spammed from here it wont be a problem

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: August 26, 2007 09:59PM

I use a yahoo account for all online registrations. I don't care if I get spammed there, but they have a decent spam filter that is active.. My personal cox email account is never used for registration anywheres and is protected to the point that if a person is not on my e-mail address book they are filtered out as unsolicited.

Lou

Date: August 27, 2007 08:55AM

None of this has anything to do with messages sent by the directory.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster