I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

thread color suggestions
Posted by: Brent Keever (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 06:09PM

I am building a spinning rod for my fifteen year old daughter. I am building it on the pink blanks that mudhole offers. I am looking for a color combonation to put on this rod. I know gold and white go really well but tring to avoid the LSU colors if at all possible. Any and all sugestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brent Keever
CajunMarineBBK@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: thread color suggestions
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: August 02, 2007 06:33PM

How about candy apple red with a silver trim.

Posted by: stan lothamer (---.aubnin.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 02, 2007 06:42PM

i like maroon and dust rose, but i dont know if it would work on a pink blank. stan

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: August 02, 2007 06:51PM

Stan,
I think those are excellent choices for a pink rod. I went and looked at my wife's blouses and several are trimmed with those colors.

Posted by: Joshua Turner (---.andassoc.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 06:55PM

I'd go with a strong red color and some silver

Posted by: Brent Keever (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 07:08PM

Sorry guys the pink blank I have the colors for limegreen MT and silver MT the color of the other blank is purple. So what I am looking for is a color combo on the mudhole purple blank. Thanks again please excuse my ignorance.

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 02, 2007 07:13PM

light blue with a silver trim or a royal blue with a silver trim both would look nice(i had to ask my brothers girlfriend haha)

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 07:14PM

A light blue or teal looks good with purple; of course, gold looks great, too. Purple and gold; the colors of royalty.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 08:24PM

Royal blue and gold

Posted by: Jess Brindisi (205.235.112.---)
Date: August 03, 2007 08:26AM

There is a company out there called oceangirl that is marketing fishing rods for women. The have some pictures on their website of various color combinations on pink rods.

Black, silver, and purple/lavender would look good.

Just my thoughts

Posted by: Ked Stanfield (199.76.187.---)
Date: August 03, 2007 09:37AM

I'd go with black with lime green spiral...saw in the newspaper yesterday about back to school clothes and the girl was wearing a pink shirt with black diamonds and lime green skulls...thought it'd be a good Idea for the rod.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: August 03, 2007 10:45AM

My wife wants me to make my daughter a purple and green fishing rod for my little girl ---- "Barney colors"

Posted by: david harwood (---.quickclick.ctc.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 04:09PM

i think pink or purple with silver trim would look great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster