I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Making chicken salad out of chicken ?.
Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:42PM

Got in a broken stand up tuna rod the other day [High Sticking] and replaced the blank to keep the customer happy. I kept looking at the broken rod trying to figure out how I could use what was left and then it dawned on me. I put on an Aftco swivel tip and a #2 Batson curved butt and there it was, a 450.00 planer rod My arm is sure hurting now from all that patting myself on the back. Jesse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making chicken salad out of chicken ?.
Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: July 19, 2007 02:08PM

lol, after your accident I didn't think your arm would be able to stretch that far. A Kite rod might have fit the bill as well as a gaff handle & a billy club

Posted by: jon edwards (---.sip.bct.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 02:52PM

good chicken salad = chicken, mayo, relish, grapes, celery, onion YUMMY

good job on the rod...i was in a shop a couple weeks ago and seen a rod that broke and they turned into a gaff and put a little snake skin on it....looked over and seen a big rod that they slid about a 8ft long snake skin(if the snake is healthy should shed on 1 piece) over it and epoxy it on the head was near the for grip it looked crazy

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 03:00PM

Jessy that was a great idea, But 450 for a broken rod. I well give you a Penney on the dollar. Just kidding!!! As for me I would have made a walking stick out of it.. What away to recycle and recover a loss. Watchout when you pat your self on your back. That kind of movement can cause a toren Rotor Cup and loss of mussel tone:))
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 04:06PM

Why didn't you slip one of the plastic team color grips down over the top and charge him a $ 200 adder for Buky State of The Art Rail Rod Blank Protection! Our prices change as well for choice of selected meat - rabbit goes in Sauce Piquant and Shrimp in Gumbo. Same price for both - all the cash in their pocket! Did Lance tell you he got one of your oldies in his shop for repair - over ten years old and 1500 miles from home. He is muttering to himself after trying to take all the finish off!

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 04:09PM

I torched it.

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 20, 2007 01:00AM

My late Father owned and operated coffee shops in Manhattan for over fifty years. All four of his sons served some time working with him at some point of our growing up. The last restaurant he owned was across the street from the World Trade Center and was open 24 hours. I made the salads; Chicken, Tuna and Egg Salad in quantities that stagger the imagination.

The first thing you learn is that Chicken Salad is made with freshly roasted Turkey. No joke. The ingredients are simple.. the meat, mayo and celery. The celery is chopped in bulk in a Hobart food processor and then blanched for one minute in boiling water. This keeps the bio hazard low. The blending is done in the food processor and is the fun part. Gotta get the right mix of ingredients or it's a bust.You quickly get the hang of the right blend.

I think I'd have turned that bruiser of a rod into a flag pole; albeit a short stocky flagpole.

Dave

Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 20, 2007 03:08PM

Dave , I think you missed the point which was I took a piece of scrap and will turn a 350.00 profit on it. There is an old saying that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ---- [crap]. Well, I did and I'm proud of it. Jesse

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: July 20, 2007 03:26PM

Now Jessy must put a call out to all trash collectors for brocken rods. You just proved you can make a silk pourse out of a pigs ear LOL
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.pm3-8.pit-ch.pa.localnet.com)
Date: July 20, 2007 04:35PM

It 's called "when they hand you a lemon...make lemonade" :>}

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster