I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Questions on Permagloss and feather inlays
Posted by: Jeffrey Wolfanger (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: July 18, 2007 10:58PM

When I use permagloss for feather inlays I apply LS supreme....

I generally put the LS on shortly after within a few hours, however I want to wait till I have another section, is there anyharm in that....Am I limited to 24hours here ....

Additionally, anyone use threadmaster over permagloss? I am interested in someone who has been doing that for a long time. I heard dont mix different manufacturer products so I don't to avoid complications....Sure would make life easier if you could in this application without risk....

Thanks for your help and input in advance.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Questions on Permagloss and feather inlays
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 18, 2007 11:02PM

Ther would be no problem using any finish over another brand or permagloss that I know of

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jeffrey Wolfanger (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: July 18, 2007 11:03PM

Mike Barkley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ther would be no problem using any finish over
> another brand or permagloss that I know of
>
> Mike
> If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can
> make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Any idea about max length of time I can wait before applying finish over the permagloss?

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 04:33AM

Permagloss sets up fast. I would wait till it is past being tacky
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Wayne Kohan (---.dhcp.knwk.wa.charter.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 09:53AM

I don't think there is a max time. If you are concerned about the epoxy adhering to the permagloss, scuff it lightly with a scothbrite pad before applying.

Wayne

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 19, 2007 11:33AM

The PG needs to release all the solvent it contains before you apply epoxy over it. I'd give it a full 3 days at the very minimum before I'd apply epoxy on top.

Posted by: Jeffrey Wolfanger (---.enbridge-us.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:23PM

Tom -

Thanks for posting up. That is something I didnt know, I would have thought the answer would been apply by 24 hours....Never wait 3 days....I've been draggin this rod for a few months now so I am in no huge hurry....

Thanks everyone :)

Jeffrey

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 02:47PM

Sense you are not in a hurry, I recommend you call Trondak U-40 and talk to Ralph. Ralph is a master of tricks with U40 products. Ralph designed and invented this stuff.
Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster