I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICAST - Notes
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.229.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 13, 2007 09:30PM

Team Mud Hole is slowly returning from ICAST with loads of notes and some new products. We had a great time with many manufacturers, meeting customers and discussing new products. Without going into a long list now, the highlights included Gloomis has release a few new blanks, Gudebrod is keeping much of their threads, American Tackle has some hot new titanium guides and a new line of Viper blanks, Fuji has a new reel seat, Pacific Bay has some cool channel lock seats, GUSA is getting back to speed and has some new high modulus blanks. Look for these and other new products to be featured on our web site in the near future.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2007 09:31PM by Mud Hole Custom Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICAST - Notes
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 12:38PM

THanks for the update. I was hoping someone else would chime in and add to this thread.

I've got one of the GUSA Advantage blanks, a 7MH and it really is nice. I was waiting for the Professional series to make an appearance, I guess they did. Are these the new blanks you mentioned?

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 09:39PM

I'm quite curious about Ken Whiting's Carrot rods. I mean, rods made out of carrot fibers- and then winning ICAST's overall best of show??? What next?

When Ken was at Airrus, he mentioned to me that he toyed around with selling blanks. Obviously it never came about. I wonder if he'd consider it now with the Carrot Sticks.... Sure is an interesting concept.

Mo

Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 16, 2007 02:17AM

Its been said by a few that went to ICAST those carrot sticks are heavy, in my opinion no award is going to save those rods now, even if they infused some saffron into the blank. Haw! As for the best of show award. Look at some of the nutty items that have won in the past and you will lose some confidence in who is voting on the winners and the items that win.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.229.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 16, 2007 10:01AM

Billy - I did not catch the name of the new series.

Mo - No they will not be available as blanks. The process of making them is interesting and expensive at $300 +/- for a finished rod. The blank has a graphite core with carrot fibers around it, the blank was slow in action but powerful like eglass, the manufacturing process is time consuming. Ken said the damping action of the blank was improved so fly rods might be the best application.

I have a world of respect for Mr. Ken Whiting, he is one of the few true innovators left in this industry. He has mastered the ICAST Best of Show voting process for sure - as far as this carrot process goes, time will tell but graphite is hard to beat.

Regards,
Tom McNamara
President & CEO
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
[www.mudhole.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster