I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo Update
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 02, 2007 09:33AM

It's still early, but well over half the rooms we blocked at the Radisson Center City have now been sold. I have added additional hotels for overflow and will have them up on the site later in July. The Radisson is directly across the street from the Showplace. There is an EconoLodge about 3 blocks south of the Showplace. These are the two closest hotels if you're interested in walking to the event each morning. There are two others that we'll be using as well and I'll get them up on the website as soon as special show lodging rates are finalized.

In the next two weeks, I should have the official event website (www.rodexpo.com) updated with the complete list of exhibitors and seminars.

The International Custom Rod Building Exposition is the one custom rod building event that actually supports the industry and craft of custom rod building, instead of the other way around. Everything about this event is designed to make it educational and informational for the rod builder, profitable for the industry, and a boon to the craft itself. Everything from the low admission fee, to the extremely beautiful (and expensive) Showplace facility, means that we won't make more than a few pennies (if that) but the craft will have an event that's on par with the events that other notable crafts and hobbies have.

I could charge a higher admission fee and hold the event in a less user friendly venue (cheaper on me). I could stop paying the seminar presenters. Instead of just giving all the door prizes away for free, I could sell raffle tickets for them (money in my pocket). I could forget about the vendors and whether or not they do well. But I won't. It's important to me that this craft have something of this size and scope and so I'll continue doing things this way until it's simply no longer economically possible to do so.

We've gotten a real head start organizing the event this year and I'm seeing booth sales and advance ticket sales that are outpacing all of the previous year's events. All good signs that point to an even bigger and better Expo in 2008.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo Update
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 02, 2007 04:09PM

Sorry for leaving the website address off earlier -

[www.rodexpo.com]

Posted by: Rob Hale (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 02, 2007 10:37PM

It's the best rod building event in the world! I can vouch for the fact that nobody else at any other show does so much for the builders or the vendors. You really put everybody else first and it shows!

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 03, 2007 08:30AM

Just a super, super, super show. I made my hotel room reservations for the 2008 Expo the day they became available. I will attend this show every year from now on. Don't see how I can afford not to. I figured I saved enough on the blanks and stuff I bought last year to easily pay for my drive up and hotel room for two nights. It's really an incredible show!

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: July 04, 2007 08:42AM

Until this mega-event, all custom rod building had were the small, overpriced club shows. The clubs made money, the few vendors lost money, and the rod builders ended up being the same small handful of guys each year, over and over. The Rod EXPO has turned out to be a breath of fresh air in a hobby sorely needing one. Keep up the good work. This is the most important event for the world's rod builders.

Posted by: Bill Napier (---.colo.iinet.com)
Date: July 04, 2007 04:59PM

You know Tom if you used the same sort of voodoo math that some of the clubs do you could add up all the stuff that you give away at the rod expo and say that in the end you are actually paying each person about $200 to attend. LOL!

Also thanks for the six free copies of Rodmaker I got with my subscription. What a deal!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster