I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

fuji changed the color of the BMNAG guides ?( link to pictures)
Posted by: byron gray (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 01, 2007 01:45AM

Here's the link to the pictures of the bmnag guides.The one in the middle is the old color. I like the new color.They just dont match my other rod....dang !

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fuji changed the color of the BMNAG guides ?( link to pictures)
Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2007 01:57AM

Byron,

Do the new ones have a factory "beveled" foot? More like a flat spot?

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: July 01, 2007 10:27AM

Hey Mark, These feet have a smooth concave groove underneath them.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 01, 2007 10:56AM

Byron - That is not what Mark was asking. He is asking about the top of the leading edge of the foot.

Mark - I can clearly see the factory prepped foot on the guide to the right. That IS the new Fuji "wrap ready", or supposedly so.

Date: July 01, 2007 11:56AM

I thought that's what I saw in the pic but wasn't 100%.

The reason I asked is because I DID notice a slight difference in coatings when the guides started coming "wrap ready" as Jim called them. Not enough that I would have thought about segregating the old from the new due to color though.

I may have a few guides here at home that are a year or two old. What size are you after Byron? I can see if I have any with the “less Black” color.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2007 12:50PM

Posted by: Michael Shea (58.173.188.---)
Date: July 01, 2007 06:33PM

Maybe you just got an odd coloured batch of the original BMNAG's? I've never seen a BMNAG like that that wasn't a SiC ring. From that picture it definitely looks like gunmetal grey to me.

Date: July 02, 2007 02:43AM

Jim and Mark your right there was a flat spot on the tip of both guide feet .(see link) Mark : I would need a 25,20,16,3-12 but I'm going to give my local guy a call and see what he can do for me. And go from there.i can live with the guides on one rod being a little different from the next. but having a rod with guides that are different colors No Way! I'll keep you posted.But i will be contacting you about some other components for sure .love your site
thanks fellahs for all your help .Byron

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Date: July 02, 2007 01:24PM

Byron,

Just an FYI, the only "old stock" (un-ground foot) BMNAG's I found were #12's, but the finish on them is exactly the same as the latest batch of BMNAG's that we got in. I must have been wrong about when the color changed.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: July 02, 2007 03:44PM

Ahhhh ok . After you all mentioned about them being pre ground I grabbed my biggest guide a #30 so I could take a picture and I found that this one was the old style(not ground) with the new color. now i see why before I posted the pictures some were saying they would not worry about the colors they are so close. They maybe comparing the old style with the new color to the pre ground color and not seeing what all the fuss is about. And looking at this #30 now and I would agree with them.

"All i wanted to do was buy a set of guides!!!!" :( lol
Byron

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster