I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Has fuji changed the color of the BMNAG guides ??
Posted by: byron gray (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 30, 2007 11:28AM

....Or do they come in more than one color.Hmmmm ..well I went to my local dealer to buy BMNAG guides to match a surf rod I built last year.but as the owner placed the guides on the counter I noticed right away that they were black and not gun smoke like the last set of guides I purchased.when I told him he had no idea what I was talking about.he grabbed a few more guides but none where that smoke color I needed .being a rookie and thinking maybe it was just these old eyes or the lighting I took them .as soon as I got them home I matched them to the first rod an knew they were indeed two different colors. I have looked on a few web sites and only saw these guides in black.So...has the color changed on these? Are these two different type guides? Or did these once come in two colors gun smoke and black? please help and thanks. Byron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has fuji changed the color of the BMNAG guides ??
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: June 30, 2007 11:39AM

The only gunsmoke guides I'm aware of are the SiCs. Are you sure they didn't give you the good stuff by mistake the first time?

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: June 30, 2007 11:50AM

Spencer's right. The BMNAG's (Alconite) have been black as long as I've had them, and the gunsmoke frame guides are MNSG's which are SIC rings.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 30, 2007 12:17PM

TEH "new" BMNAG's are a blacker black than teh old ones. TEHy seemed to have beefer up the finish on these guides. However, I wouldn't consider the "old" BMN's a gunsmoke color. Comparing the 2 together, it's more of a matte black as oppsoed to a gloss black. Putting both on a rod there wouldn't be any noticeable difference whatsoever.

FWIW, I have 2 rods I built with IGMNSG's. On teh second rod, I was 2 guides short. Rather than re-order from JApan, I just used MNSG's for teh last 2. NOt a single person who saw these rods noticed, and it was seen by over 1,000 people in HIgh Point. Maybe they noticed and didn't say anything...but I forgot about it myself until I was showing somene teh rod with teh guides and noticed it myself, lol.

Date: June 30, 2007 12:23PM

Thanks guys,I just went and goggled up sic guides and got a good look at a sic guide and the color gun smoke .I can see that these are not gun smoke after all and for sure they are not sic.but they are two different colors. These guides are definitely coated and are a gray and not black..can we post pictures here ? I would like for you all to see this .Maybe they have found a true deeper black to coat them now.also I noticed that one of the three size 12 guides were the same color as the first set.has anyone else has seen this ?

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 30, 2007 12:39PM

Byron,

Unhide your e-mail or e-mail me mbarkley#wowway.co and I will send you something. You can post pix on the Photo page and link to it in a post.

The third "Announcement" post at the top of the messages give all of the info for posting pix

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 30, 2007 01:40PM

Byron, just read my post above yours for your answer.

Date: June 30, 2007 05:35PM

hey Thanks Billy. ya know looking at those diffrent colored guides would just drive me nuts !! Here ya go Mike mrmrsgray@yahoo.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster