I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

6'9" Rod Blanks
Posted by: Justin Hoffer (---.cmcsg.com)
Date: June 26, 2007 02:04PM

I'm pretty new to Rod Building and am looking for a 6'9" tops/tails blank for inshore fishing on the middle Texas coast. I've been looking around and can't find any blanks in the 6'9" length. Is this something I'll need to get custom made or do you guys know of anyone that carries this length? Thanks for the help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 6'9" Rod Blanks
Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: June 26, 2007 02:11PM

St Croix has some very nice blanks that are 6'8" in SCIII, SCIV and SCV that are great for inshore. They are listed under the casting blanks, but you can most definitely build them as spinning. If you absolutely must be at exactly 6'9" - push the blank 1" into the butt grip and fill with rod bond, you will be fine.

Lamiglas has the XMG LP844 and IM700 IMP844 that are 7'0" in length, but you can cut 3" off the butt and have a super flats rod that will meet your length requirement.

Date: June 26, 2007 02:13PM

Thanks for the information Jim.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-92.myvzw.com)
Date: June 26, 2007 03:34PM

Justin,
We have 6'9" blanks in the CTS lineup. Addiitonally ANY and ALL of the CTS tapers can be made into a 6'9" blank. So say for example you like the the CTS EBT843, which is a 7' blank, but want that exact taper in a 6'9" length...that's absolutely no problem. I do custom tapers for folks all the time for a (very) small upcharge. Having been an AllStar distributor prior to the Shakespeare buyout, I am very familiar with the Tops & Tails blank, and know exactly what it is you're looking for. At the moment we are also working with several guides here on the coast as well as a couple of FLW and Oberto RedFish Cup fishermen to firther refine the CTS series of inshore blanks.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: June 26, 2007 07:35PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow RX8+C812*SB = 6'9" 1pc, 8-14 lb test, 1/4 - 5/8 oz lure wt, Butt OD .465", Tip 5.5, Xtra fast action, Med power 1.85 oz blank Wt. MSRP = $160.00. This is a made in USA Ultra high Modulas blank w/ Carbon Fiber scrim. IMHO one of the finest blanks on the markert to date.. If this does not fit the bill look deeper into the Batson Enterprises line of blanks and you will find something. We have the largest selection of blanks under one label in the industry. We also will be around for generations to come. " The Vision Continues". Please conatct us if you ever have any questions.. Thank you all for your support of our US family owned and operated company...

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
877-875-2381
www.batsoneterprises.com
batson@batsonenterprises.com...

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: June 27, 2007 02:07AM

Justin,
The St Croix 3,4,5C68MXF and the Batson SB, ISB, RX8+ 822.5 are all good tops & tails blanks. The actions and power are almost exactly like the All Star Tops & Tails blanks that we can no longer get. There are some similar S Glass blanks also.

Date: June 27, 2007 03:21PM

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. I'm very new to this and need all the help I can get.

Posted by: Andy Dear (66.174.79.---)
Date: June 27, 2007 04:20PM

Justin,
Shoot me an email privately when you can. It sounds like you and I fish the exact same water (Rockport/Aransas Pass, and Upper Laguna). Maybe we can get together and you can personally fish some of the CTS blanks we've designed specifically for the Gulf Coast. I'll even buy you lunch!

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster