I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

7-8' North East "jigging rod" blank
Posted by: Philip Engle (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: June 25, 2007 05:45AM

Northeast partyboats recommend a 7-8' "jigging rod" for cod and other species. Not having done this style of fishing I would appreciate any input on the right blanks, grips, guides, etc. or other features that make them unique.

Thanks in advance!

Whit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 7-8' North East "jigging rod" blank
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2007 07:12AM

For a PB, go no shorter than 8'. Do a search as there is quite a bit of info posted regarding COD JIGGING blanks. Lami CGBT961MH and Calstar 800H or 900M cut 6" from teh tip are starting points.

Posted by: mark crouse (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 25, 2007 08:24AM

Hi Philip
check out my MSC Blank Tusk 7 ft. 2pc or 4pc, the 2 pc is also on sale ( as in my last post)
Best Regards Mark Crouse - The Munich Rod man
www.munichrodmansrodshop.com or on the left " The Rod Shop"

Posted by: Ron Zangari (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: June 25, 2007 09:13AM

I purchased some pac-bay coastbuster wreck blanks from acid rod earlier this season 8' 40-60# line rating and they work quite well for jigging cod up here in nh. I'm also working on a st croix musky blank for this same purpose.

Posted by: EDWARD BRIDGWOOD (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 26, 2007 11:51AM

Good morning--sorry for the late reply.
A Lamiglas 108bt3m is a great choice. You can trim the tip to suit your needs--probably in the size 14 range. I presume that you'll be fishing in the R.I.--Me. grounds. that means that you'll be fishing with a VI-ke jig --16oz most of the time and you'll be doing some casting (UNDERHAND) FROM THE RAIL.). Bait fishing may be a nightime option. The rest of the rod is pretty much standard. A14"--!6" butt grip--cork or eva. A size 22 or 24 reel seat. probably 9 guides---SIC or Silicon Nitride are both excellent choices. Use an 8" foregrip--it's quite practical fpr PB fishing. Purely on a personal preference, I triple wrap the guides .
Have a great trip.
ed bridgwood

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster