I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson's rosewood spinning seat vs. Pac Bay's
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: June 15, 2007 03:28PM

I have used a lot of the Pac Bay rosewood seats, and have been very happy with them. I recently ordered a Batson rosewood seat, and was disappointed that the wood grain did not have the brilliant contrasts that the Pac Bay's do, and was pretty bland.

I am just wondering, is this typical, or did I just get an odd one? I have never had a Pac Bay one that looks like this, and I am pretty sure it is not an ebony insert, as it does have fiant traces of reddish hues.

I am an otherwise happy Batson customer, so I am by no means trying to bash them. More so, am wondering if I should order another for a try, or if this is one of the few products they have not perfected yet.

Thanks for any help,
Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson's rosewood spinning seat vs. Pac Bay's
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: June 15, 2007 07:03PM

Hey Mark you could have gotten one of the planner ones, but like all mass produced products unless your standing at the retailers store or wholesaler's warehouse and get to pick the one you want then what you get is what you get, I'm sorry that you didn't like it but on your next order ask if they can pick out a better contrasting wood grain for you. Never hurts to ask. As for the one you have if you don't have to use it keep it as a template to make your own inserts, that is what I have done in the past and now have about 25 inserts from different mfg's, so if I get a repair or someone wants a wood that is not available in a particular reel seat, then I can make my own.

Re: Batson's rosewood spinning seat vs. Pac Bay's
Posted by: eric zamora (---.dsl.frsn02.pacbell.net)
Date: June 16, 2007 03:32AM

perfection is in the eyes of the beholder, or something like that. sounds like a good question to ask batson enterprises itself.

eric
fresno, ca.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster