I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Off Topic? Fly Reel Website, Small Fly Reel Options
Posted by: mark brown (---.wa.westnet.com.au)
Date: May 11, 2007 04:36AM

Sorry in advance if this is off topic...

I am trying to look for different light fly reel options for a 2 wgt blank I am finishing up...

I used to have a bookmark link to a website comprised of an extensive list of fly reels from different manufacturer's with accompanying photographs and short descriptions/reviews

I believe the site was based in France but I cannot seem to find it again with Google

If anyone else has come across this site I would very much appreciate the url or otherwise suggestions for reasonably priced fly reels suitable for a 2 wgt. rod....

Thanks in Advance
Mark in Perth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off Topic? Fly Reel Website, Small Fly Reel Options
Posted by: Phil Richmond (124.40.46.---)
Date: May 11, 2007 05:32AM

The lightest ones I know of are the Forbes Magnesium and theres a model by Bass Pro I think called White River that also ways 2.2 oz. I have the Forbes and love it.

Posted by: LARRY PIRRONE (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 11, 2007 10:34AM

[flyreelmania.free.fr]

i like the j. austin forbes avon and sanstone reels for lightness. they are spring and pawl reels. no longer made but there is a guy who sells new ones on @#$%&. just do a search for j.austin forbes. these reels were machined in england in the jw young shop and assembled here. very watchlike quality and a nice price since the dollar pound exchange rate is not involved. the 2 1/2" avon or sanstone will be very nice on your 2wt rods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2007 10:39AM by LARRY PIRRONE.

Posted by: Rob Box (---.adt.com)
Date: May 11, 2007 10:41AM

I have a White River Classic for my 1 and 2wts. Got it at Bass Pro Shops.
It is 2.2 oz, unlined, and has an un-adjustable click-pawl drag.
A Nice machined reel.

Posted by: eric zamora (---.dsl.frsn02.pacbell.net)
Date: May 11, 2007 11:57AM

a quick glance shows that site is missing the redington CT 2/3. i have the 3/4 and that one is very light and very well made. too bad they're discontinued but you can find them at online @#$%& sites.

eric
fresno, ca

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 11, 2007 05:31PM

I've got a little Hardy's Princess that might do for this. They can be had from various @#$%& sites. Not cheap, not new, but sweet.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: May 11, 2007 06:07PM

The Forbes magnesium small reel is a dandy, I too have the Bass Pro smallest White River on my Dan Craft 6 ft 10 in. 1 wt. On those things just about every reel seems to big, but it's been a fine reel for almost 2 years now, use it on the 1 thru 3 wt rods I have.

Posted by: mark brown (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: May 11, 2007 11:03PM

Thanks for all your replies!
Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster