I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Brook Trout Decal
Posted by: William Zafirau (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: May 07, 2007 11:42PM

Does anyone know where I can find a brook trout decal for a rod? I checked everywhere and can't find any. A color decal would be preferable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brook Trout Decal
Posted by: Fernando Torres (65.215.94.---)
Date: May 08, 2007 01:03AM

Give Jann's Netcraft on the left, I have gotten several different types from them in color, and they work and look great, some of the other
sponsors on the left should also carry them.

Fernando

Posted by: Neal Cissel (---.phnx.qwest.net)
Date: May 08, 2007 02:15AM

Neal's Fishing Products carries decals.

Posted by: William Zafirau (---.summa-health.org)
Date: May 08, 2007 09:59AM

Yes, I like those decals too. Brown and rainbow trout, but no brook trout. I've called deacl connection, too, and no go.

Posted by: Rob Matarazzo (---.na.baesystems.com)
Date: May 08, 2007 12:51PM

I asked this same question here a couple of years ago. There were no brook trout decals then, and as far as I know, there are still none. Big oversight on the part of the decal makers.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: May 08, 2007 02:06PM

William, if you'd like a brook trout decal, find a picture of one that you like, email it to me, and I'll make you two waterslide decals of your size choice for free (just this one time and just for you).

Putter
Williston, ND

Date: May 08, 2007 05:47PM

Randy -

Thanks for the offer. I am not looking for a freebie.......I would pay you if I take you up on it. I have thought of ordering my own waterslide decals but these are not full color are they?

I really want a full color decal.......

I was even thinking of painting a brook trout on the rod...... I do all of my inscriptions with acrylic paint now and it works well.

Date: May 08, 2007 08:18PM

I won't charge for this one time deal, William. Nor will I accept anything, either.

To answer your question better, for example, I could make a waterslide decal from a color picture of your boat or a color picture of your dog. The Alps printer, besides being able to print in metallics, is a tremendous "picture" printer.

The only "work" part of it for me is to make a file, exactly the size of the brook trout pic you send, in black. I need the black file to print the white underlay and then the brook trout will print on top of it exactly in the colors that the photo has.

Without the white under the decal, it wouldn't show except on very light colored backgrounds. For the Alps to print the white under color, the file sent to print must be in black. Any metallic color printed has to use a black colored file, too.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: eric zamora (---.dsl.frsn02.pacbell.net)
Date: May 08, 2007 10:27PM

the problem i see with brook trout labels for rods is... most people want the sticker/label of a fish they fish for applied to the rod in question. brook trout around here are very small. the current sizes of fish stickers/labels (rainbow for instance) are just too big for the typical 2.3, 4 weight fly rod blanks used for brookies!!!! ;-)

i iwsh we had some big lake sized/labrador type brookies around here...

eric
fresno, ca.

Date: May 08, 2007 10:54PM

I guess that's how/why I learned to do this, Eric. I needed a walleye decal for a blank that was pretty small diameter. The decals that I had were much too large. I made a smaller decal from a walleye picture for that one rod. Turned out really well and I learned a lot in doing it, too.

Putter
Williston, ND

Date: May 09, 2007 06:36PM

Randy -

I'll try to find a suitable graphic and email you. I've had trouble finding a non-copyrighted one in the past, but i'll keep looking. Thanks.

Bill

Date: May 09, 2007 06:43PM

I found one last night that looks pretty good, Bill. Give me a shout and I'll let you see it.

Putter
Williston, ND

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster