I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Decal Printers
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.chi01.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 10:37AM

I am wondering if there are any printers other than the Alps that work decent for printing waterslide decals.

I have read some of the old posts looking for an answer, but figured I would ask to see if there is any new thoughts on this.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Decal Printers
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: May 07, 2007 10:50AM

I believe Cannon has some printers that would be good for this type application. Or at least they did at one time.

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 11:02AM

Xerox does as well, but they're big, BIG bucks.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 11:53AM

There is an alternative that does work!

Check it out.

Delete line see updated link on Dave Orr's post below:

There are posts in the photo section that most did not notice.

Mark this is a business opportunity that you should not miss checking out! I found out about this about two weeks before High Point last year. I had dillusions of a vast fortune but did not have time to do the training on the system. This item may prove to be the equivalent of the Woodworking lathe sales at the 2008 Show! The race is on!

I would do it but I am financially independent and quite satisfied with food stamps and a Social Security Check monthly!

Gon Fishn

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2007 03:53PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Dave Orr (---.nt.interNORTH.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 03:21PM

Bill Stevens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is an alternative that does work!
>
> Check it out.
>
>
>
> There are posts in the photo section that most did
> not notice.
>
> Mark this is a business opportunity that you
> should not miss checking out!
>
> I would do it but I am financially independent and
> quite satisfied with food stamps and a Social
> Security Check monthly!
>
> Gon Fishn

Here is an updated link, as they have changed their domain name.

[www.pulsarprofx.com]

Regards
Dave

Fishing is Life the rest is just Details

Posted by: Rich Handrick (---.dot.state.wi.us)
Date: May 07, 2007 03:47PM

Has anyone purchased and used that system - I'm looking pretty hard at it right now. It looks great - any real life experiences??

Posted by: Randy Search (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 07, 2007 06:55PM

Rich,
I have that kit but am still messing with it. It's simple to do and works fine on larger decals but I have problems getting it perfect on the smaller ones (1" or so). I'm still in the experimental stages...Randy.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 08:49PM

Randy if you can make one of the LSU decals like you have on the board post please let us know you have the problems solved! I listened to his sales pitch and it really sounded good - just have not had the time to spend the front end time on a new gizmo. Sure would be nice to know that in the end it will work for rods.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: May 07, 2007 11:09PM

I saw a system at the show, on the table next to ours, that was super! They did a set of logo decals for us (my wife actually got to design the graphic while we watched it being produced). These were "wet" transfers, though.

But I don't think the PulsarPROfx system is the same thing because it's a "dry transfer" system. That be the case, I'm following up it because I think I know a shop at home that can add this to their line of craft offerings that include airbrushing and similar services Looks good, indeed.

I'll also offer that a slightly simpler solution is to use a good quality ink-jet printer and the Testor's Decal kit (the same folks who make model paints and glues), available a most good hobby shops. These will be "wet" decals. But what's missing from that approach (which does work well) is the ability to mess with all the fonts and colors as well as the system I saw at the show.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2007 11:49PM by Russ Pollack.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 11:48PM

I have the system and have done a few dozen transfers with it. It works. However, it takes some work to make it happen. Not hard, but then neither is rod building. :)

Check my gallery.

Chuck

Posted by: Tim Hoffland (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: May 08, 2007 11:24AM

I'd be interested in one of these too. I've been using white waterslide paper and an inkjet... the only problem with that is it's hard to cut around the decal itself and make it look nice. So I just print a black background (for black blanks) and wrap it around.

Other than the ability to print metallics, how much better is this system than what I'm doing?

Posted by: Larry Zuckerman (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2007 11:45AM

I tried the clear and it does not work. My neighbor does what you do but I do not have a laser printer. The paper I got I had the choice for clear or white and I can use it on my inkjet printer .
I am going to order the white and give a try for inkjets.

I ordered the labels from Labelgear.com. You can order a 8 pack of 1/2 sheets for around $10.00.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster