I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Karen Blcombe
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 01:53PM

Welcome Spell checker to the best rod building site on the webb
Good Wraps Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Karen Blcombe
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 27, 2007 03:20PM

Welcome Aboard!!!! This is the best source of info available (other than Rodmaker magazine). Need any help, just holler. Are you new to rodbuilding??

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 03:23PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Grant Darby (169.204.109.---)
Date: April 27, 2007 03:24PM

I knew a Spell Checker once, made some neat rods. Welcome spell checker. Oh, wait it's Bob!!! Please make sure a few errors get through Bob, we will still need something to harass you for!

Date: April 27, 2007 04:25PM

Hi Mike, Grant and others, Some of you Know my wife Karen (my spell checker LOL). What she knows about rod building is what she has observed me doing. Have any of you had expience trying to teach a spouce something. WHAT A PAIN!!. She has seen all my blanks and supplies and has decided too build her own rods. I need all the help I can get. We have three wrappers and plenty of thread. so if you can keep me out of the dog house email her all needed suggestion. That includeds you also Kerry H.
Good wraps Bob I believe she has alread sent out a question.

Posted by: Karen Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 04:29PM

Bob!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mark Wilson (---.ilm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 04:30PM

Grant,

All you have to do is to look at the subject of the thread, and you will see all is still well with the world.

MW

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 04:43PM

Karen,
Your email addy is hidden! I wanted to send you some files that should give you
a leg up on Bob. (as if you dont already have one! LOL)

Un-hide your email or email me. Nice to meet you in Woodland!

ttyl,

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Karen Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 05:14PM

Raymond i guess i don't know how to get my email address to show but my email is kbalcombe@hotmail.com and i would apprecitate any and all help. LOL i guess Bob did not understand why i bought the last rod turner and why i shop for blanks and thread and why i draw pictures and like to play with the grid papers and stand over his shoulder and point out anything i can think of lol umm maybe now he knows why i always buy two of everything when it comes to rodbuilding. Kerry Hansen has been a wonderful friend and help explain lots to me on art work and has really been an insperation to be as well as that little husband of mine whom who thinks i am a pain in the butt but i admire him any ways.
Karen

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 06:04PM

Karen,
Check your email. Hope the emails were NOT to large!

lol

I'm sure Bob will get a kick out of some of them as well.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Emory Harry (67.170.180.---)
Date: April 27, 2007 06:10PM

Bob,
I am not sure that I believe that Karen is your spell checker. The way you spell I think that it would take at least 3 or 4 people to correct your spelling.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: April 27, 2007 06:48PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2007 11:19AM by Randy Parpart (Putter).

Date: April 27, 2007 07:28PM

Emory I kina fiured oot spell checker. Now what do I use for punksuation
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Moderator (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2007 07:58PM

Folks,
It's fine to welcome Karen to the board, but let's not use this forum as a chatroom to discuss Bob's spelling habits. There's already 12 posts in this thread, 7 of which are not related to the subject this board was intended for. Please keep your posts related to the subject of rodbuilding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster