I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gold frame SIC fly guilds
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.southslope.net)
Date: March 26, 2007 09:45PM

I am in the need for 3 #6's. Anyone know where I could find them?

Thanks,
Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gold frame SIC fly guilds
Posted by: kevin knox (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 09:59PM

Mudhole tackle

LSG Fly Guides

One of the most advanced ceramics, the Silicon Carbide ring is used in the construction of high quality rods around the world. Diamond polished SiC rings were the first to be mounted directly to the frame, which reduces weight, increases heat dissipation, and amplifies the line sensitivity.

Besides the Gunsmoke and Gold stainless steel frame finishes, SiC rings are also available with Titanium Alloy frames offering a very light, super strong frame that is totally corrosion resistant under the most extreme conditions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part N°:LSG

Your Price: $3.84 – $4.97

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2007 10:31PM

Uh, unless I'm mistaken GLSG's are NOT available in the US, only in Japan. I just ordered a few sets for a friend, and will be placing another order shortly for some more components.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 11:21PM

Look Billy, I am just trying to help someone out that is looking for some product. I took a minute and went to the left column and went to Mudhole and typed in "gold SIC" and thats what came up. Now why would they have something on their website that they don't sell. I'm just trying to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2007 11:29PM by kevin knox.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.colsonservices.com)
Date: March 27, 2007 08:05AM

Kevin, I'm also trying to help, which is why I said they are not available in the US. Take a look at MH''s site when you go to order, can you find any G-LSG's to order? How about a picture? Unfortunately GLSG's are one of those components made only for th Japanese market because Angler's Resource will not import them due to the size of th order they have to place.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: March 27, 2007 10:06AM

I've never seen the gold ones here in America. Sure would look good.

Date: March 27, 2007 10:47AM

If anyone is intersted in a some, I can get them for you in lots of 5 guides (5, 10, 15, etc). The last batch I shipped out sure were nic looking.

Posted by: Billy Broderick (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2007 12:05AM

you could go to the cermit they come in gold but be prepared to pay big bucks. The certainly are a step up from sic but also overkill for most uses in my opinion.

Date: March 28, 2007 09:28AM

They are not gold framed, which is what he's looking for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster