I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Live Bait Rod
Posted by: Skeet Bennett (---.dhe.duke.edu)
Date: March 21, 2007 08:50AM

I need to hear from the salt water gurus out there. I am looking to build a 7' live bait rod utilizing 15-20lb test line for King Macs. What are your suggetions for blanks, guides, grips, etc?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Live Bait Rod
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 21, 2007 08:55AM

Have you read the article on live bait rod building in RodMaker?

Seeker, CLB 704 and CLB 706 for the really big ones.

Posted by: Chris Garrity (---.phlapafg.covad.net)
Date: March 21, 2007 09:41AM

Hey Tom, is the live bait rod Rodmaker issue Volume 8 No. 6? I think that was one or two issues before I started subscribing, and as I may be building a rod for livelining bunker this year, I'd like to pick it up. Thanks.

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: March 21, 2007 10:13AM

SEEKER CLB 704!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mark crouse (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 21, 2007 10:14AM

Hi Skeet
Are looking for an one or two section rod?
Mark Crouse- The munich rod man

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 21, 2007 10:15AM

Volume 8 #5.

Posted by: Skeet Bennett (---.dhe.duke.edu)
Date: March 21, 2007 10:28AM

I am looking for a 1 piece. Tom, I will refer back to the Rodmaker article. Thanks for the responses. Keep them coming.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2007 10:40AM

Calstar Grafighter GF700ML

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: March 21, 2007 11:06AM

Skeet -- Depending on the line class rating you need, I've has very good response from the new Rainshadow Live Bait Composite blanks. RCLB 70XL, 70L, 70ML

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: March 21, 2007 11:30AM

Look at a Batson 844 or 845

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 21, 2007 12:31PM

We have had GREAT success with this new series ( RCLB ) Rainshadow Composite Live Bait Blanks (page 18 of our 106 pg Color Catalog) . This is becoming one of the most recognized series we carry for the Salt Water Market. We have literally sold THOUSANDS of these blanks from California to Florida to The East Coast... This is one of my favorite blanks for salt water fishing. I have landed 60 lb Yellowfin Tuna with ease. They come in the 7' or 8' models from line classes 10-25 to 20-50, this is without question another QUALITY product at REASONABLE prices from your leader in the industry- Batson Enterprises - "The Vision Continues". Try one you will not be dissapointed, I guarantee it.
Thanks to all of your support we are able to service the industry with Quality products...
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
877-875-2381
www.batsonenterprises.com
batson@batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Walter Schmidt (---.doh.state.fl.us)
Date: March 22, 2007 10:54AM

I'll second the Rainshadow Live bait rods (RCLB70L). I bought them through Custom Tackle. These are absolutely beautiful and lightweight rods perfect for Kings. I'm wrapping 4 of them right now (simple spiral) with 12" slick Butt (Forecast), SU guides (Forecast), Aluminum saltwater reel seat (Forecast). I'll be using these in the SKA next year (shoulder surgery this year) and trust them explicity for doing the job. In fact I'll propably be replacing some of my other off shore sticks with these blanks!

Smitty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster